StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. I'm a brand-newbie to the group, and just bought my 2006 V-Strom 1000 last week. Love the bike, but I only rode about 40 miles on it so far. I did notice quite of bit of whining from the engine though. Don't know if it is the gears, the clutch, or what. Is this normal, or was it not such a good deal after all?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Prepare to be bombarded with a plethora of noises that will drive you crazy, if you let them. Let it roll off your back, or you will never be happy with this bike.

They all do it. It's just part of what makes them cool! :thumbup:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Since I am 100 miles into owning my 03 1K, what about the vibrations you feel in your seat and tank, like like a real rough vibration that you pass through now and again, i assume this is normal?

Also, at idle I heart a soft sort of marbles in a blender with the clutch released, just idling in neutral.... Pull in the clutch and the sound nearly goes away. Is this the clutch sound that you guys talk about the 1K making, and this is fine and normal as well I suspect?

I don't mind sounds as long as they are not trying to tell me that we have a pending problem that needs addressed.

Thanks for input and sorry for any hijack.

Larry.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
More foam ear plugs and less windshields

If you have a whining woman at the front door and a whinning dog at the back door , who do you let in?

The dog, when you let it in it stops whining

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far my favorite reply is that they all do it. It doesn't really bother me, I was just wanting to know if it's normal, or needs attention. Since it seems to be running great I'm not going to worry about it. My last bike was a Ducati, and I loved all the noises. That's part of what makes it a motorcyle, unless it's a Gold Wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts