StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what the different riders on this forum kept on their bikes at all times. I went from a BMW K1200LT to an M109R (cruiser), and now I am back to a semi-tourer/adventure bike. When I had the LT I kept a flat tire plug kit, small air compressor, rain suit, zip ties and duct tape. ... oh and a freshly severed human head. So, what is in your top case? Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Air compressor, tire repair kit, zip ties, tape, windbreaker pants & jacket incase it gets really cold or wet, and a first aid kit. Cell phone is always in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Mine's actually a tail bag right now, but it's got a couple maps, some extra earplugs, a tire pressure gauge, sometimes an MP3 player and some batteries. If I'm on my way to work, a lunchbox :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
For long trips, clothing only. It's for easy access to those items that need to be added or removed depending on the weather. I also make sure to keep the load light. I don't need another incidence of the tail wagging the dog. Items needed for quick access go in the tank bag. Stuff that needs to be accessed only when stopped for the night or to make roadside repairs not covered by the tool kit and compressor under the seat go in the side cases. Heavy items that don't fit under the seat go low and forward in the side cases.

Around town on short trips, I'll only use the top case if I want it to contain my helmet rather than taking it with me or going through the time to play with the kludgy helmet lock system.

M

·
0 Posts
Tire repair kit with mini compressor, tire gauge, rain gear if it looks bad, and textbooks most weekdays.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Works great for my backpack with my laptop in it for work..Around town I leave it clean for helmet and what I buy at the store.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
For me it's rain gear , extra pair of gloves , Balaclava , bottled H2O ,first aid kit,Sidestand Foot plate.
Under the seat is "jacks Stand",Better tool kit,tire plug kit, extra turn signal head/lens &bulb. Plumbers Tape 10 mill thick..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Top Case contents

Whoa - kind of a personal question there....... not.
I commute to work every day, in any weather (not that SoCal has anything particularly tough to deal with). I go in at 5AM (dark and cold) and in winter I wear some warm stuff under the Roadcrafter - so there is nothing in the case except a plate for the sidestand and some rags (to wipe something off in case..) At lunch, the gym bag goes in and at the gym, the riding jacket and helmet go in. On the ride home, it is usually warmer, so some of the warm clothes go in. I frequently run errands and shop on the return trip from work, so the case may have groceries, Christmas presents, or just about anything. The Givi 46 holds a lot of stuff and makes the bike even more useful. I even use the Wee for Costco shopping.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool man...very insigtful.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I keep raingear, extra gloves, bungee cords, tire plugs, air pump, tire gauge.
Bob

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Helmet and tank bag fit nicely in the trunk. Tankbag holds MP3, Autocom, sunglasses, batteries, camera, walkie-talkie and water bottle. I have soft bags that hold raingear, tools, zipties, duct tape, Lemon Pledge wipes for the plastic and a Thermal Care back heat pad (a life saver if you get caught out when the temp drops) and a small first-aid kit.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Ummm... Stuff; full took kit, electrical wire, tape & tester, spare bulbs, duct tape, rain gear, water, bungee cords, oil, gloves, hopes, dreams...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well, my top case (Givi E52) is normally empty except for my tankbag's rain cover and the vent covers for my (Powermadd) handguards. I keep stuff that I want easy access to in my tankbag - sunglasses, wallet, cell phone, garage door opener, earplugs, kickstand coaster, tire pressure gauge, pen and notepad. Things used less often go under the seat - paperwork, Leatherman-clone multitool, a handful of bungee cords, couple of shop rags, 12v compressor, first-aid kit, tire plug kit, small can of WD-40, and a bicycle cable lock.

J

·
0 Posts
Automatic oil dispenser that dumps 15.6 GPM of used 50 weight covering a width of 6' by 15' long. It’s electronically powered with an actuator switch mounted by my horn. It takes up the whole V-46 and I had to install baffles to prevent it from sloshing side to side during high speed low altitude fly bys. I only use for tailgaters so give me a brake!

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Automatic oil dispenser that dumps 15.6 GPM of used 50 weight covering a width of 6' by 15' long. It’s electronically powered with an actuator switch mounted by my horn. It takes up the whole V-46 and I had to install baffles to prevent it from sloshing side to side during high speed low altitude fly bys. I only use for tailgaters so give me a brake!
I've also thought about that. Another idea I had was to modify it to drop a bowling ball on the road behind me. Just think what that would do to some lowered rice-mobile riding your tail.

But normally in my V46 I just have air comp. w/plug kit, bungee cords, rain gear, and a couple extra tools that are either not in the kit or in the kit but not adequate enough(full size 24mm wrench, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.). With that stuff in there I still have room for either my jacket OR my helmet, but not both.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Rain gear, tire gauge, zip ties, towel, whichever face shield I'm not using, hand-generated flashlight, various bungees, gel pad, a couple of small tools not in tool kit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts