StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I need brakes for the rear and the rotor feels alittle rough too. Hopefully just he pads brake pads will do. What a good pad without spending too much? Ho Ho Ho

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I like organic pads on the rear and HH sintered metal on the front. Galfer and EBC are good brands.

·
38,104 Posts

·
38,104 Posts
Thanks GW.............if u ever sell your bike, I want to buy it....hehe!
I'm considering it. It only has 75,000 miles, less than half its useful life.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
the rotor feels alittle rough too
Try lightly cleaning the rotor with fine emery cloth. You don't want to remove any metal, just any rough high spots. Clean afterward with brake cleaner. Check the caliper for cleanliness and free movement of the sliding parts.

Suzuki OEM rear pads also work well, in addition to the Galfer and EBC black organic pads.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I like organic pads on the rear and HH sintered metal on the front. Galfer and EBC are good brands.
Didn't understand this, but rebuilt my rear brake the other day - calipers, SS line, EBC HH. Very easy to lock the rear. Not grabby, just powerful. Will go with organics next time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What's a good brake pad?

Question:

Is "organic" a brand name or oem equipment or ???

In moderate street riding about when should you look to replace your brake pads?

I don't want a set of new brake pads which really change how the bike handles (like locking up too easily) but if there is a better brake pad than the oem equipment I would like to use those.

Thanks for the useful information on this thread.

Matrix

·
38,104 Posts

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Question:

Is "organic" a brand name or oem equipment or ???

In moderate street riding about when should you look to replace your brake pads?

I don't want a set of new brake pads which really change how the bike handles (like locking up too easily) but if there is a better brake pad than the oem equipment I would like to use those.

Thanks for the useful information on this thread.

Matrix
:) Hi Everyone, Organic is all about the material,

If you are a more conservative Street rider and you want a set of brakes that is better than OEM but more forgiving than HH Sintered then seriously consider th Organics front and rear,

Galfer makes a superb set of Organic Brake Pads made for our bikes that suit your requested needs,

I have them for my fellow Stromtroopers at SVRacingParts.com Go in Under For Stromtroopers and then in Under Brake Products; You can check out directly anytime you like yourself.

If you would like me to give you a quick call to briefly discuss your braking needs just Email me directly at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you a quick call and help you out,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The organic pads I've seen are black. The sintered pads are copper colored (and there might be plenty of exceptions).

A good rule of thumb is to change the pads when there is 2 mm of material left, if not sooner. Be sure to flush and renew the brake fluid about every two years...any DOT4 brake fluid is good.

Just about everyone prefers HH grade (upgrade) pads on the front and the black organic, original equipment type pads on the rear. I feel that the original front pads have a wooden lack of feel and prefer the HH pads. EBC and Galfer are well liked brands for the front. For the rear, Suzuki, EBC, and Galfer are all fine. (H is a high friction rating. The first H is for cold braking and the second H is for hot braking. I think the black organic rears are rated GG.)

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Galfer HH Sintered Front Brake Pads

:) The Galfer HH Sintered Brake Pads that I stock and carry for my fellow Stromtroopers are ceramic embeded HH Sintered. That is the Galfer patented process that give you a great feel and braking power and is designed to extend the life of your Rotors,

I've used and loved them for years,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I prefer pads that fade less when hot, are least resistant to glazing (same thing?), give the most progessive feel, and last a while...

- in that order

1 - 20 of 32 Posts