StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a few friend requests in the past that I've accepted, but I've never really understood what that means, cause nobody ever sends me any money afterwards. :biggrinjester:

So what magic happens after the request is accepted?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Somebody will soon call you from jail. Or they need help moving.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So nobody knows then? If you tell me it's like Facebook, that won't help because I don't do Facebook; there are plenty of other ways to waste time out here in the ether.

·
Registered
146 Posts
A "friend" on a forum is your cyber buddy. A request is usually based on a history of reading one's posts and agreeing/relating/finding them funny - whatever. You then end up with a collection of friends that is displayed on your profile page. With that collection of friends, you can develop an online clique - the techie nerds, the rugged off roaders, the goof balls, the smart asses, the stoners, the jocks...oh wait, now I'm thinking of high school.

It does not seem to be used much on this forum. When I had my Sportster and was a regular on the XLF Forum, it was a very commonly used feature, adding another element of interest to the online community.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought it was for my personal fan club to announce themselves. :green_lol: :green_lol: :green_lol:
That's what I've been going with all this time, but my wife keeps telling me that can't be it!

Thanks EVstrom for the simple explanation. Somebody knows! :thumbup:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
One of the CP options is to receive private messages only from moderators or contacts. Contacts are the people in your friends list.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Have had a few friend requests in the past that I've accepted, but I've never really understood what that means, cause nobody ever sends me any money afterwards.
You haven't gotten ANY money yet?!? You might want to get ahold of one of the moderators.

:green_lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts