StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a V-Strom term? I've owned every bike know to man and have never heard this term before. Just ordered a 2007 DL1000 and need to learn the lingo.

I can't believe I bought a Suzuki. Will my friends ever speak to me again?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Seems to be a sport-touring term. Farkles are all the gadgets and mods you add to a bike. I've read that it's origin is a combination of "Functional" and "Sparkle".

·
Registered
316 Posts
Farkle = gift for your motorcycle. Some gifts can be Functional - some can be Sparkle.

Put the two together and you get Farkle !!!

(unless you really liked Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in)

L8r,
Bob S.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I dated Fanny Farkle.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've never ever seen a fanny farkle!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Fanny Farkle is also very amusing here in NZ. I'm sure she works in our local red light area........so I've been led to believe!

·
Registered
177 Posts
A farkle is that stuff you bought for your bike online with your credit card and when your wife sees the credit card bill and lets out a scream and stares at you with fire coming out of her eyes demanding to know what in the hell you paid all that money for and you calmly explain to her that Suzuki issued a nationwide safety notice requiring all V-Strom owners to purchase an SW-Motech tankbag and a Givi E52 topcase and a Garmin GPS unit because otherwise the bike would be unsafe so see, honey, I didn't buy that stuff for me, I bought it for you, and for the kids, 'cause I want to be a safe rider 'cause I love you and besides, a safety notice like this is a federal mandate to buy this stuff anyway, sort of like taxes so I didn't have any choice, I did it because I wanted to be a responsible husband, so come here and give me a smooch, baby.

- Tom (With regards to William Faulkner, who only rarely could write a longer stream of conciousness sentence than this.)

P.S. Wife's response: "You stupid, lying bastard."

·
Registered
110 Posts
Farkle or verb"farkling" is an action that hurts your bank account,your relationship with your spouse gives nice smiles to your part dealer and partially you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
personally i think farkle is one of the lamest words i've ever heard and it makes me cringe to see and or hear it...modifications, add-ons, extras, and so on i think are better than that OTHER word.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Farkles are called farkles because we are special and need a word of our own. lol.

·
Registered
647 Posts
6cycles said:
Is this a V-Strom term? I've owned every bike know to man and have never heard this term before. Just ordered a 2007 DL1000 and need to learn the lingo.

I can't believe I bought a Suzuki. Will my friends ever speak to me again?

Just eat beans and glitter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts