StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year Tuono mirrors for my 2009 DL650? I submitted the part numbers for the mirrors but the dealer is asking for a year. Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure if this is cheaper than where you are ordering from, but here is where I got mine.
I got them a year ago. Price has not changed. After shipping, it was an even $80.00.

I was hoping that source would give a year for you, but I did not see one.
Looks like the dealer wants to verify the part number in his IPB before he orders them?

Good luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks. I just went ahead and sent him the parts numbers and told him I had a 2009 DL650. He ordered me a pair for $20.99 each, for a total of $44.70.

State 8 Motorcycles - Motorcycles, ATV, Side by Side Parts Accessories STATE 8 MOTORCYCLES Peninsula & Medina, OH (888) 367-1391
That sounds about right cost-wise. I got my mirrors earlier this year as a gift from my wife. She just went to a local Aprilia dealer and said she wanted Tuono mirrors. She did not want to wait for them to come in on an order, so they just gave her the mirrors right off the floor model. They fit perfectly. When I asked for the mirrors, it did not even occur to me that there might be a difference in them for different years. I still don't know if there is. All this to say I think you are GTG.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2009 Aprilia Tuono Mirrors Installed

Picked-up my mirrors today from the dealer. Took the old ones off and the new ones went on w/o a hitch. Got them adjusted and visibility seems fine, and they look REALLY nice IMHO, a vast aesthetic improvement over the stock ones. Haven't road-tested them yet though, that comes tomorrow.:thumbup:

What do ya think?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think that if you "like" them tonight, after your ride tomorrow, you are going to LOVE them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
wonder how these compare to cheap LED ones

I was reviewing other posts on alt mirrors while back and LED ones on ebay seem to have similar shape and light option.

I had pretty much figured I don't hate mine enough to replace but if I hear more improvement reviews I may just replace them.

If nothing else I have to admit that flat large shape of stockers has to be a lot less aerodynamic than the LED ones i saw or these Aprilla ones.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Tuono Mirrors

That sounds about right cost-wise. I got my mirrors earlier this year as a gift from my wife. She just went to a local Aprilia dealer and said she wanted Tuono mirrors. She did not want to wait for them to come in on an order, so they just gave her the mirrors right off the floor model. They fit perfectly. When I asked for the mirrors, it did not even occur to me that there might be a difference in them for different years. I still don't know if there is. All this to say I think you are GTG.
:hurray: Good work, what was the part number that you used for the Tuono Mirrors, I think I will call them and get a set ordered,

Thanks,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the part numbers I used: AP8104921 & AP8104922

·
Registered
11 Posts
OEM Aprilia Right Mirror -#8104921

Genuine Aprilia Right Mirror for '06-'10 SXV/RXV 4.5 & 5.5, '06-'10 Tuono, '11 Shiver, '08-'10 Shiver, '09-'11 Dorsoduro, '08-'09 Mana, '10-'11 Mana GT

OEM Aprilia Left Mirror -#8104922

Genuine Aprilia Left Mirror for '06-'10 SXV/RXV 4.5 & 5.5, '06-'10 Tuono, '11 Shiver, '08-'10 Shiver, '09-'11 Dorsoduro, '08-'09 Mana, '10-'11 Mana GT

Hope that helps

·
Banned
158 Posts
Here are the part numbers I used: AP8104921 & AP8104922
I recently installed the same mirrors and really enjoy the improved form/function. One thing I noticed was the left mirror height above the controls was lower than the right side. It appears the right side mounting hole is taller by about 3/8'. I have the OEM heated grip box/switch on the left and wonder if I'm missing a spacer perhaps. I don't remember if the OEM mirrors were the same.

·
Registered
199 Posts
OEM Aprilia Right Mirror -#8104921

Genuine Aprilia Right Mirror for '06-'10 SXV/RXV 4.5 & 5.5, '06-'10 Tuono, '11 Shiver, '08-'10 Shiver, '09-'11 Dorsoduro, '08-'09 Mana, '10-'11 Mana GT

OEM Aprilia Left Mirror -#8104922

Genuine Aprilia Left Mirror for '06-'10 SXV/RXV 4.5 & 5.5, '06-'10 Tuono, '11 Shiver, '08-'10 Shiver, '09-'11 Dorsoduro, '08-'09 Mana, '10-'11 Mana GT

Hope that helps
And, the same mirrors (same part number, too) are available at Moto Guzzi dealers.

I thought about these but wasn't sure if they would work for me. I took my oem mirrors off and went for a ride (in a rural area). I noticed no change, so didn't buy the mirrors.

I think those that see improvement with them must have different ergonomics than I do.

Ron :mrgreen:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just finished my first ride since installing the mirrors. Just around town so I can't comment on any buffeting-reduction benefits, but rearward visibility was just fine, no issues. Given their shape, they do a good job of providing a good view of where you need it. Plus they look cool.:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts