StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the itch to upgrade from the 650. Anyone regret their decision?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Still paying for the stuff you don't want. Ie; clamshell type hard cases that are too small, usless skid pan.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Still paying for the stuff you don't want. Ie; clamshell type hard cases that are too small, usless skid pan.
Easy now... depends on what you want. The cases are small but good for day touring on pavement or light off pavement. Add a cheap Bestem top case or just lash on camping gear with ROK straps and overnights are good. The plastic belly piece deflects gravel and small rocks only...you do need a proper skid plate if more is desired. The hand guards are good for weather protection, but need Bark Busters for tip over protection. The OEM engine guards are awesome IMO. If you are short from the waist up the touring windscreen will be fine, if you are tall you're likely getting an aftermarket one. I also added Fastest Evo 3 footages for comfort and control standing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
I can't agree that it is an "upgrade", but yes you do get a bigger engine.....better brakes, and better suspension. I could've gotten a new Vee2, but I opted for a Wee2 and I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
When I bought mine in December 2015 I paid $10,600 out the door. I believe Suzuki had incentives they were giving to dealers at that time. I don't know what's still in effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I got the itch to upgrade from the 650. Anyone regret their decision?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I have had 2 dl650s and 2 DL1000s. My current ride is a 2014 DL1000a and it is an incredible bike, especially for touring.

I have zero regrets and although, the DL650s are great bikes, I don't think I could go back to a DL650. The DL1000a is that good.
Pretty good review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlZ_wq_KWY

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Did you get the Vee2 slick or the ADV model? If I can steal a slick I would put bigger cases and a better skidder on it.

Thanks!
I got the non-adventure . Mainly, because I didn't want any side bags. But if I did, I would want the slim profile of the OEM bags. I like my bike to maintain an overall slim profile. Some of those other bags stick out way too much, IMO.

I added a GIVI 47 liter top case. And, if I go touring for more than 1 day, I have a big waterproof Ortlieb bag that I will strap down.

If I had to choose again, I really don't know. I guess I would go with the best deal. My 2014 left over was $10,650 OTD. Purchased a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I don't regret going from the 650 to the 1000, especially not since I got a killer deal on it. The 1000 feels a little roomier and more comfortable. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have quite the power I was expecting, but it is generally an excellent bike all around. Everything the Glee does, the V2 does better. (Except fuel economy.) I should have already sold my 650, but when I ride it, I think what a great bike it is, too, so I'm not real motivated. A lot of the comparison will depend on what mods and upgrades are on each one. I think you should be able to get that '14 adventure for around $10K OTD, and 1K less for the standard version. Some have even done a little better than this.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Not local to the OP but $8,950 at Romney Cycles w/ no freight or setup fees for leftover 2014 DL1000's...3933[/url]
Wow- That's a great price. I thought I got a good deal for a non-adventure 2014 at 9700 + tax and reg. This price beats mine my 700 and it is the adventure model to boot.
At that price the bike should fly out of the dealership. I don't understand why they don't

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Wow- That's a great place. I thought I got a good deal for a non-adventure 2014 at 9700 + tax and reg. This price beats mine my 700 and it is the adventure model to boot.
At that price the bike should fly out of the dealership. I don't understand why they don't
Hagerstown airport is about 80 miles of Romney. Fly and ride would be easy + you'd get to travel thought the heart of WV. That alone is priceless.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been riding a 2012 Wee for the last three years. Just picked up a 2016 V2 standard three days ago. Have done 500 km already and no regrets here. It's a joy to ride. I have also ordered all the bits I need to make it into the touring bike I need it to, and it was still a great deal cheaper than the adventure model here in Australia.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts