StromTrooper banner

481 - 488 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Picked up a 2014 Tiger 800 in need of repairs thought I might flip it . After the 1st ride I ordered a Madstad set up for it and good chance will be selling the 06 Strom . That motor is so smooth and flexible it will pull 6th from 2k . Also the weight loss of approx 50lbs is noticeable .

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
I still have my VFR800 and vstrom, then added a CB1100 and last year an Africa Twin DCT, Recently I am looking at 2018 Gold wing leftovers and I think that woill be my last bike , If this happens other bikes will go.
Ride Safe/Ride Long

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which dealers are you going to? Motoprimo does test rides, so does Leos south. Or are you having an issue because you have only a permit?
Cities Edge in Shakopee does not. Moto Primo seemed hesitant to give rides, I don't know, maybe I talked to the wrong person. Leos South does, correct. No I have a regular motorcycle rider on my license.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've had some recent issues with my 02 DL1K recently. With 50k miles, no shame. While trying to decide if i wanted to mess with fixing it I fell in lust with the Triumph 800XC. they can be had with low miles for around $5,000. That will be my next ride. I buckled down and did the fuel filter mod and a bunch of tuning on the Strom. Now it runs too nice to let it go...but when the right deal comes along...

Reactions: Ennsync

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
I've had some recent issues with my 02 DL1K recently. With 50k miles, no shame. While trying to decide if i wanted to mess with fixing it I fell in lust with the Triumph 800XC. they can be had with low miles for around $5,000. That will be my next ride. I buckled down and did the fuel filter mod and a bunch of tuning on the Strom. Now it runs too nice to let it go...but when the right deal comes along...
I am not much fan of triumph , it is under powered Compared to V.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #487
I think the CB500x is an interesting unit , but probably underpowered - I've got to keep up with Phil and Gord , and at least keep VTom from slipping over the horizon . The DL650A is a magnificent machine , but it needs a skidplate , heated grips and some sort of seat treatment , which brings it into the price range of the used Super Tenere .

The VFR 1200x also intrigues , but it would need $3k in bags and protection , so , off my list . Probably a good thing that I can't test ride it !

/Alex .
Very good choice.
ride safe/ride long

·
Registered
458 Posts
Have you had or ridden one?

481 - 488 of 488 Posts