Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
five other biker and i rode 1,358 mile Columbus OH - Helen GA loop by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala skyway and, Tail of the Dragon.. what can i say except those mc roads were awesome. in addition, Helen GA was a biker friendly town and, really knew how to party. i got into it with a ST1300 while on the cherohala. i would pass him then, he would pass me back. then after a few miles, we were both surprised when a yamaha 250cc morphous scooter passed us both in the tight twisties. LOL..

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
five other biker and i rode 1,358 mile Columbus OH - Helen GA loop by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala skyway and, Tail of the Dragon.. what can i say except those mc roads were awesome. in addition, Helen GA was a biker friendly town and, really knew how to party. i got into it with a ST1300 while on the cherohala. i would pass him then, he would pass me back. then after a few miles, we were both surprised when a yamaha 250cc morphous scooter passed us both in the tight twisties. LOL..
Gotta watch out for those scooters with a RIDER at the controls.:D It ain't the bike, it's the rider. You can be sure he was hootin' and hollerin' with a huge smile inside his helmet!

My best ride was a Northern Vermont ride With VtSTROM-K5 and dmf109. Plenty of gravel roads and great scenery, tons of fun!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You pick one

Or the Tellico Plains Stromtrooper rally offroad ride..

Or when I rode from Albuquerque to Indianapolis in one day.

-GW

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
As long as you're there, Gunnison to Durango on 550 is not to be missed. My favorite ride in 2007 was Denver back to Chicago in one day. It's the first time I did a 1000+ mile day since about 1980. Finding out I could still do it easily was a treat.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, and the trip home through Acadia National Park in Maine. 2550 miles in 8 days. Rode part-way solo, met up with some BMWMOA folks for the Salty Fog Rally, and rode a few days with RedAnt and Mrs. RedAnt.

Pictures here: http://gallery.mac.com/dayday#100007

·
0 Posts
I took a solo trip from Columbus Ohio, across West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina, down to Suches Georgia and back, totaling a little less than 3000 miles in 8 days. I hit all the good roads, got no speeding tickets, and rode all two lane roads for 95% of the trip.

I met up with MonkeyGrass and his brother in Asheville North Carolina for a day of riding the Blue Ridge Parkway in the rain.( I miss you Dan!!!)

I rode the entire Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway in two days!!!(almost 600 miles of 35-45MPH curves)

I rode the entire Rt. 10 through West Virginia coming home, with a short stop to see my Grandma in Man West Virginia.(Hi Grandma!!!)

It's what I love to do, one a year, to clear my head.

Second would be Brendan's Rally!!!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Maine and back...

In May I did a solo, GPS guided ride to Maine and back. I set the GPS to keep me off any sort of highway and always take the shortest route. I found some of the most amazing, Euro like roads. Several times I felt like I was back in Austria. I would be riding through a small town and the GPS would say take the next left, so I did. Then the road would twist and turn and take me up or down mountains or through valleys along streams and down dirt roads that didn't get a lot of travel. Simply the most fun 4 days that I've had on the Strom.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Solo from Charlotte to N.Y and back with civil war memorial and battlefield stops along the way. Ended up around 2000 miles. Was the longest trip i've made alone and i can not wait to do it again. Long solo=Zen

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Black Hills of S. Dakota, Yellowstone Nat'l Park and riding Idaho Hwy 12 over Lolo Pass.

Lolo Pass Rd. (Hwy 12)

Needles Hwy, Black Hills

What you will see in Yellowstone, upclose and personal

·
Registered
124 Posts
Finally getting to check out Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and area. Playing about a bit in Utah and Colorado during the trip. Visiting an old friend that lives UP the mountain at Manitou Springs. Learning the DL1000 after so many years and miles on BMW GSs.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Omaha, NE to Monterey, CA in 2.5 days (on the KLR as this was pre-Strom.) Should have taken the more southern route that I drove in 2006 (Colorado is an amazing place,) but still a beautiful ride.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
By a long shot....the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, NS....wow

Cheers!

·
Registered
852 Posts
I've had so many unforgettable and amazing rides, from scores of long distance coastal road rides on my Strom, to hundreds of gnarley back country off road runs on my DRZ, that there would be no way I could honestly pick even my top three faves, let alone just one.

Some have been solo rides, some have been with one or two other riders, and some have been with as many as twenty other bikes, but I've had just so many really great ones in ther past few years, especially, that there's just no way I could narrow it down...

The good thing is...

The destinations and the riding just seem to keep getting better and better.

And I hope it does for all of you guys, too.

:thumbup1:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Yikes, how could I not mention my riding in Nfld as well???

Loved it so much, will be there again early August.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts