StromTrooper banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey!
The bike, for which I started this thread of, got sold to someone else. By the info I managed to collect on the phone from previous and current owner I decided, that I probably wouldn't be sleeping properly, if I bought it and I let it go. But that's just me, I'm a weird dude sometimes, new owner might be thrilled. :)
But there has been some development - I do have a 650 on my way, but I would rather not jump ahead at this point. If there's interest in community, I'm happy to share more details, when time is right.
I have found really good info about 650's here, that's the main thing that matters, since I wasn't planning to have a Wee for just one season.

Greetings to all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the end of the day you have to do whats right for you, and what you feel comfortable with. Also walking away isnt always the easiest thing to do when you have got your mind set on a particular bike so fair play.

Hope you find the one for you soon

·
Registered
821 Posts
Don't fall in love until you own it, I always say. Also, if you are watching the market sometimes you have to let some get away to learn what is really a good deal that way you can pull the trigger with confidence when the right deal comes along.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not every deal is a good deal! After a lot of research I also decided a Wee was the bike I was looking for... I looked at quite a few and some out of my price range just to get an all around feel and comparison I also came to the conclusion that mileage and price doesn't always make for a better bike.. fortunately I am mechanically inclined and have had a few different bikes in my day but never a new one.... take your time .. I ended up with a 1st Gen '05 with 43.000 miles... it needed a lot of cleaning ..everything checked out good.. after an oil, coolant and filter change, it now has new chain and rear sprocket... and new Shinko 705's .... I will not hesitate to take it anywhere! ...the only mod the previous owner did was go down to a 14 tooth front sprocket... on my last 220 mile Sunday ride it got 58mpg (US gallons) Enjoy yours when you get one!
80844144_10218882940558174_8142526336947191808_o.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks great! I'm a little disappointed because I only get about 45mpg (us) with my 2013. I get 50 on my 2016 GSX-S1000F that I whip the crap out of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great! I'm a little disappointed because I only get about 45mpg (us) with my 2013. I get 50 on my 2016 GSX-S1000F that I whip the crap out of.
My mistake... the previous owner went up one tooth on the front sprocket to 15 teeth... 14 teeth is stock. and that lowers the RPM's about 400 RPM in 6th...and I am sure that contributes to the 58mpg .. some owners claim 60+ for out on the road I would rather be a little slower and get better mpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This part of journey has come to an end to begin with another one. Took her home today. Got some paperwork and basic maintenance to do and wait for a warmer temperatures before she’s going for a ride. Thanks guys for good tips and know-how, will be keeping her safe and sound.
61F1019F-27A5-43EB-8569-048B2C636DD4.jpeg

·
Registered
584 Posts
B5.5 Passat Kombi (1.9 TDi?) and the BEST colour Strom. Well done!

Cheers,
Glenn

21 - 31 of 31 Posts