StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i ride the strom for more than 30 minutes and stop the seat of my pants is wet from sweating? This prevents me from going in places. ( looks like i took a leak). I know others out there have this problem especially here in July. I usually wear jeans when riding. What do you do or wear? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Beaded or sheepskin seat covers allow some airflow under your butt. Also I avoid wearing cotton undershorts when riding in the heat, since the sweat takes so long to dry. Try synthetic fibers instead, they dry much faster. Yeah I know they're under your cotton jeans, but it seems to help a bit.

Edit: oh the joys of simultaneous posting! +1 on the powder.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Jeans are terrible riding pants, for a number of reasons...looking like you pissed yourself being one of them.

I wear cordura/mesh pants, usually Fieldsheer 4-seasons with good wicking undergarments and don't have the sweating problem.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Friend, what you need is a Beadrider.

This is, by far, the simplest solution to achieving proper airflow 'twixt and 'tween the goolies.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Go Commando !!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrinjester:

Seriously, try using some of the synthetic shorts as mentioned above.......they can be found at Bike (peddle-power, that is) Shops and Sporting Goods Mega-Stores.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Beadrider is your friend. Like air conditioning for your butt. Allows evaporation, better than a sheepskin.
I wear shorts under my mesh riding pants. Bicycle shorts can help if you must wear jeans. Years ago pantyhose was the rage. (I'm told)

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The yuppie riders who want to ride for more than 30 minutes at a time will be asking this question forever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts