StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have not played with tire pressure at all, just keeping it at the suggested 33psi front/36psi rear.

Has anyone changed the tire pressure at all, if so what differences have you noticed in the handling?

·
Registered
934 Posts
41 front and rear on a set of shinko 705s..all seems well.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So far I have not played with tire pressure at all, just keeping it at the suggested 33psi front/36psi rear.

Has anyone changed the tire pressure at all, if so what differences have you noticed in the handling?
TW's F 34-36, rear 38-40.

A bit better grip at lower pressures, commuting, local twisties, go the power end. Distance, I run them slightly higher.

I still dislike the TW's, but I'll admit, they are wearing well. (unfortunately)

Pete

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
TW's F 34-36, rear 38-40.

A bit better grip at lower pressures, commuting, local twisties, go the power end. Distance, I run them slightly higher.

I still dislike the TW's, but I'll admit, they are wearing well. (unfortunately)

Pete
I feel kinda indifferent about the TW's. They don't seem like a bad tire, but there is really no feel with them.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Some tire companies recommend tire pressures; here's Metzeler's:
METZELER - Recommended_tire_pressures

The Michelin telephone rep told me to run the Pilot Road 3's at the inflation pressure on the sticker on the bike...33/F & 36/R.

Lower pressure lets the tire flex more, heat up, and the warmer, softer rubber grips better but wears faster. Higher pressure lets the tire flex less, warm less, grip less, and wear longer. A couple of psi lower on cold days and a couple of psi higher on hot days seems like a good idea.

Here's the best article on inflation pressure I've seen:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/29693-determining-best-tire-pressures.html

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I feel kinda indifferent about the TW's. They don't seem like a bad tire, but there is really no feel with them.
I hate them, but the ABS has made them not so terrifying.

The set on my K6 only lasted 5000k's or so before I threw them away in disgust. I'm certainly riding a lot further from the edge than I would with other tires I've used - possibly not a bad thing with a new bike anyway.

Pete

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am running 35 / 38 when one-up, 35 / 41 when dual for longer distances.
Ken

·
Registered
438 Posts
High temps like Arizona summers I run at max psi to +2....Cool temps 33 and 36 is where I like it. Cupping is much worse at lower psi when temps soar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts