StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bike fever and bad.I can swap my nice o5Wee for an 08abs for $3400 with all my farks switched and 4yr warranty.

I can get a new 1300st for $10,700 and an FJR 2008 for about $12000,these prices don't include my Wee.I just don't know what to do.That orange Road Glide for $19,000 lingers in my brain.

I hate it when this happens,and I'm not whining.I just wish someone else had this fever.

I'd like some input,
My only issues with the Wee is it's still a little tall with 1"lowers and a Corbin seat.Cockpit isn't as quiet as I would like.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I got bike fever and bad.I can swap my nice o5Wee for an 08abs for $3400 with all my farks switched and 4yr warranty.

I can get a new 1300st for $10,700 and an FJR 2008 for about $12000,these prices don't include my Wee.I just don't know what to do.That orange Road Glide for $19,000 lingers in my brain.

I hate it when this happens,and I'm not whining.I just wish someone else had this fever.

I'd like some input,
My only issues with the Wee is it's still a little tall with 1"lowers and a Corbin seat.Cockpit isn't as quiet as I would like.
New 1250S Bandit?

Aprilia Tuono?

Ducati Hypermotard?

Multistrada 1100?

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I too have been spending a little of my free time sitting on ST's and FJR's. So far I have been able to resist the fever by riding my 650. But I don't know how much longer that will be the cure. The fact that several local dealerships are willing to match Honda East prices only makes it that much harder.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What is wrong with the 05 that causes you discontent?

If it is truly too big for you, then by all means get something else, not just ABS. The bike is meant for riders with long inseams. If you can't flat foot the bike, I believe you should not ride it.

Enjoy what you end up with.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
The bike is meant for riders with long inseams. If you can't flat foot the bike, I believe you should not ride it.
Huh?

Other than cruisers I have never been able to flat foot any bike I owned. 29in inseam and I've ridden KTM950, BMW GS 1200/1150 and pure dirt bikes with no troubles. Never dropped any bike at a standstill on road because I didn't have footing. I've dropped them offroad because I stopped at a bad point where even if I could flatfoot it I wouldn't have had enough reach.

Heck even on my '08 Wee I have already bought a DL1000 stock seat to get a little more peg to seat distance, reducing my seat to ground distance bothers me not.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Keep the 650.

Then buy the FJR.

No, the ST.

Or the FJR.

Or maybe the ST.

How about the FJR?

Maybe you should consider the ST.

Both are touring bikes, no doubt. To pigeonhole them even more, the "sport touring" moniker is certain for the FJR, the ST tends to be a bit more relaxed in the ergonomics, according to the magazines.

Me, I'd go with the FJR. Or maybe the ST. Dammit!!! I better not catch your bug!

Seriously, I was ready to go home and get my checkbook to put a down payment on an '07 FJR this time last year. Then I caught wind of the altitude sickness some '06 and '07 models were experiencing. Bought the DL650 instead. Good news is that Yamaha stepped up and did a re-map that cured the problem. Search here for more: http://www.fjrforum.com/

Can't add to my stable for about another 24 months, though. And since my Ural dream machine just got way more expensive, the FJR might be back in the running.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've decided that at one point I will have two bikes - for now I'm equipping my Wee with all my touring gear, then going to get a second bike for around town. I've managed to resist so far and agreed with myself that I'll wait another 1-2 riding seasons but it'll happen at some point.

The reason why the Wee was selected was a combination of liking the comfort level (sitting position, etc.) and price. A fully equipped Wee comes in less than just about any other bike I want stock.

My fever right now is oriented toward the B-King or one of a few other ugly (but strangely appealing) bikes out there. I'm not sure I will ever be able to justify a 16+k bike, when I first looked I was tempted but decided against it. It's just too much money in a single object in my area since our riding season is only 5-6 months long, maybe if I move somewhere that I can ride most of the year that will change.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I have been fighting a F800ST urge for some months now....;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts