StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and surprised nothing came up, maybe I missed it. But I'm looking for a tank bag thread that compares what is the best fit on the 2014+ DL1000. Of course I want a deal if at all possible, but more than that, I want something that works well(no interference issues).

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've used Wolfman gear on my dirt bikes for years, so picked up their Rainer for the V2 based on some other recommendations here. I like it. Easy to remove, throw on the straps and use it as a back pack.

This is the best pic I could find of it on my bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
/\/\/\ +1 for the Wolfman bag, that is the same one I have on mine. /\/\/\

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I use Kappa bag with Givi shoe. (Kappa is low-cost Givi). There is a horseshoe made by Givi. It's bolted arround tank filler cap and it stays there all the time. The bag has support on the bottom and you simply click it into the horseshoe. It doesn't interfere with anything nor it touches the tank. You remove the bag simply by pressing release button.
So, Givi horseshoe is needed and from there you go on and choose either Givi or Kappa bag, the size you like, that is compatible with this mechanism.
So, Givi horseshoe you need is Givi BF18 (for our bikes) and then, if you choose Givi bag, there is XS306, XS308, XS308, those are semi-rigid bags, and then 3D603 and 3D604, those are rigid ones. I've chosen Kappa bag just because it was cheaper and it looked the same as Givi.
That is the one on the photo. It's empty on the photo. It also has expandable floor so you can gain 2-3 inches in hight if you open it.

I've ridden with it fully loaded and extended on higher speeds for long time and it has never moved.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
Givi 3D603 Tanklock on my 650 and it works great. I tried a few others but the bars hit all of the bags but the Givi. The Rok Risers pull the bars back a bit which doesn't help. I'd like a bigger one for longer trips though.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Which model? Are the same as SW-MOTECH Bags?

I use a Bags Connection. Easy on and off with the lock ring, and the profile to the tank is perfect.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For you guys with the Wolfman Rainier tank bag, how much of a pain is it to fuel the bike when you are riding with the bag?
Pop the two clips at the front of the bag and flop it backwards/upside down and fuel the bike. When your done, just flip it back over and snap the clips together.

·
Vendor
5,423 Posts
I just don't think you can beat the Givi Tank Lock system. the bag goes on and comes off like a magic trick. The tank ring is unobtrusive when the bag is removed(very much un-like some other tank lock rings systems) and the bags are world class.

IMO tank lock is far and away the best option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_XsJScKOcc

The XS307 is a really good choice. https://youtu.be/wtNHwmROdHg

Here's teh hole line. GIVI Tanklock System

Shoot us a contact form for pricing and availability.

Contact Us - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I think they look a bit funky when they don't profile to the tank like the BC.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have the Givi 3D604 bag that I originally purchased for my 2015 DL650XT. I wanted to swap it between my 1000 and for some reason it doesn't stay locked on there. I purchase the proper tank flange it just doesn't seem to lock into the flange correctly. It's only a problem on the 1000, not my 650. I don't trust it enough to use it and lose it somewhere on the road. That's where I keep my wallet and valuables when riding so losing it is not an option. Anyone else have this issue where it feels like it clicks into place but can come right off with a little tug?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I just don't think you can beat the Givi Tank Lock system. the bag goes on and comes off like a magic trick. The tank ring is unobtrusive when the bag is removed(very much un-like some other tank lock rings systems) and the bags are world class.

IMO tank lock is far and away the best option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_XsJScKOcc

The XS307 is a really good choice. https://youtu.be/wtNHwmROdHg

Here's teh hole line. GIVI Tanklock System

Shoot us a contact form for pricing and availability.

Contact Us - AdventureTech, LLC.
Gotta agree there....I have the 603 for short trips/round town and the 307 for extended trips.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I did a search and surprised nothing came up, maybe I missed it. But I'm looking for a tank bag thread that compares what is the best fit on the 2014+ DL1000. Of course I want a deal if at all possible, but more than that, I want something that works well(no interference issues).
I'm using the Givi XS308 tank bag with the BF18 tank lock ring. It holds a LOT. If I was going away for the night and staying at a friends/hotel I could get everything i need in this bag.

Depending on your height it may block some of the dash? I'm 6'3 and have no issues with it blocking anything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
SECoda
I agree, the Bags Connection just looks like it is custom made (contour) for the tank. The tank ring / lock is very similar to the Givi ring and takes a second to detatch or install. As far as which bag do I have? Not sure I bought it as a demo from Twisted Throttle's bargain bin a few years ago for about 70% off. It really sucks (wallet) living so close to those guys. All of there products are so well made, and you want one of everything that they make.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts

·
phatguy in Cbus
182 Posts
SW Motech Evo Quick Release City Bag. What I like specifically? Sized to have generous expandable capacity but still proportioned to not interfere with handlebars when at full lock. I also use Motech's optional map holder...it's a nice size.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts