StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinkin bout goin over to the darkside.. was wondering if someone could give me a headsup on which size will it the strom.. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Darkside Tire Size

thinkin bout goin over to the darkside.. was wondering if someone could give me a headsup on which size will it the strom.. thanks
My first CT on my DL1000 was a 205/55-17 (too tall), I put 10K miles on it then switched to a 205/45-17. I went with this size because I've added a trailer hitch and didn't want the tire to rub on the hitch.

So, my recommendation is .... 205/50-17. There are many brands of tires this size, take your pick. I have an Achillies ATR Sport.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I ran a ,205/55-17 General UHP,unbelievable traction and went on easier than any bike tire I have ever mounted.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Reactions: RLBranson

·
Registered
22,343 Posts

the goal is to try keeping the height close to the same

stock size 150/70 = 105mm

205/55 = 112.75mm
205/50 = 102.5mm
205/45 = 92.25

175/60 would be perfect if someone made one in a 17", darksiders with cruisers have a much easier time with 15" & 16" rear wheels

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superman, does your computer have a search button? Or hitting it is beyond the super ability?
believe it or not i tried to search but for some reason my computer +search + google dont get along... and yes i guess fixing that is above my super power ability

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GENTLEMEN

thank you for taking the time to respond.. while i have your attention i would like to ask 1 more question..PLEEEEASE...I have been reading a couple articles that say that tire pressure to the gnats ass is paramount... some guys say ya have to check the pressure EVERYTIME you go riding to make sure its not off by a milli lb.. ZAT TRUE???

·
Registered
438 Posts
thank you for taking the time to respond.. while i have your attention i would like to ask 1 more question..PLEEEEASE...I have been reading a couple articles that say that tire pressure to the gnats ass is paramount... some guys say ya have to check the pressure EVERYTIME you go riding to make sure its not off by a milli lb.. ZAT TRUE???
I ran a Tripple Tread on a Valkyrie and after trying pressure 30 to 40 psi I settled on 30psi. No experience on a wee but the Valk was not fussy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Arty.. I am on a V.. not a wee.. not sure the wee would be able to turn a car tire..jus kiddn wee lovers... my other QUESTION WOULD BE... soft sidewall or stiff??

·
Registered
22,343 Posts
while pressure is more critical, its not that critical imho

be aware a CT on back amplifies (does not create) any imperfections in handling, if your suspension is weak, you'll notice it more, if steering bearing are loose, you'll notice it, the lower the pressure, the more you'll notice imho

at low speeds (parking lot) you will feel a "tip up" as you turn, but it goes away at speed, the higher the pressure, the higher the speed before it goes away

other than that, its different, not good, not bad, just different, you get used to the difference in just a few miles, no more different than the difference you might encounter riding someone else's strom

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
car tires ?

Consider the weight difference between a car and a motorcycle and then think it over. Maybe the best motorcycle tires are tires made for motorcycles?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My V liked 28-30 psi with the general.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
If you are thinking about going to the darkside, listen to people (riders) that have done it, Do not listen to the ones that stand on the side line that have never tried it and yell,
You will die, The bike will burst into flames, The tire will come off at speed..
You can not Conner, and the best is
ARE YOU CRAZY<<<

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you are thinking about going to the darkside, listen to people (riders) that have done it, Do not listen to the ones that stand on the side line that have never tried it and yell,
You will die, The bike will burst into flames, The tire will come off at speed..
You can not Conner, and the best is
ARE YOU CRAZY<<<
But I knew a guy who saw I guy that heard about a guy who's second cousin use to be related to a gal who's ex had a CT go flat once on a car...I'm just saying I don't think it was coincidental. :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Its had to argue with a point like that,,,:confused:
LOL.
Mike

But I knew a guy who saw I guy that heard about a guy who's second cousin use to be related to a gal who's ex had a CT go flat once on a car...I'm just saying I don't think it was coincidental. :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
I always thought motorcycles looked awful when the tire developed a flat spot. Your going to buy a NEW tire that IS a flat spot. <plonk>.

Find a tire that has a uniform tread pattern, and that will channel water out instead of hydroplaning. Needs to be soft enough to stick in rain too.

Radial back, radial front.

Come back later and let us know how it went. It could be interesting.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
205-55 ZR 17 Exclaim UHP

I kick my tire....use a guage maybe once a season on the rear... frankly the tire would run flat, but you can tell right away where your preference for air pressure is.... I fiddled with it the first week and it has been at 39 ever since....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts