StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new 2012's hitting showroom floors soon, if they are not already out just curious as to what I should pay for a left over 2011? They have an 11 on the showroom floor that I went and test rode the other day and they said they would make me a great deal of $8900 plus TTL, dock, setup yada yada yada. When I looked at Yamaha's website today it shows MSRP of the 2012 as $8299. Am I missing something here or are they trying to give me the shaft? I think I should be able to get one OTD for less than $8k but maybe I am up in the night... Any feedback would be appreciated.. Oh ya I think they have a deal for the Suzuki OEM side luggage going on right now for a price they did not know but they mentioned it was a decent deal.

·
Registered
899 Posts
From what I understand about US prices (being in Canada) that's way too high. Currently base model 2011's are selling out the door for $9000 here ($7500 plus fees and taxes). I've seen dealers advertising $6900 for the base model. I've seen one dealer advertising the Touring version (3 plastic bags) for $7900 plus taxes (no fees). I've seen a dealer advertising a Travellers version (two XTrax alumunim bags and skid plate) for $8900 (was $10,500 here). Your dealer in Utah should be selling 2011's at least $1000 less than these prices.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Check cycletrader.com for comparison. There will be many dealers advertising on there, though possibly not where you live. You could use this pricing to get a match locally, or if you find a killer deal somewhere else, you could have it shipped possibly or ride it home before the snow flies.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
FWIW-- a dealer down the street has 3 2011s for sale. He quoted me $7350 out the door last month, which means I pay the state sales tax when I title. I have no doubt in a month or two I can lay out $7000 and get a bike if I want.

I've been told a Suzuki rep said this year has been the worst sales year in Suzuki's history, and if that is true, I suspect there will be some real deals to be had in a couple of months.

I'd really like to grab a 650 in the future to go with the 1000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I baught a new 2011 dl650 abs here in Austin for $8399.00 out the door , 2 months ago . I thaught that was a good deal

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I have a 2012 on order, final cost will be $8090.00 lic, fees, complete, to get it home, and no sales tax in Oregon. I sure wouldn't pay $8,000.00 for a leftover 2011. The price on the leftovers will drop like a rock, I paid $8,000.00 out the door for my 2007 DL1000 in February of 08. The longer they sit on the floor, the more motivated the dealers will be to get rid of 'em.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a 2011 in white this summer for 7300 + NYS tax no dealer prep or setup. The bag deal was 199 dollars + NYS sales tax. Registered the bike myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bought mine in July. Paid $7099.00 plus taxes etc. That price seems kind of high.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bought my K7 Wee in March of 2008, with 2 miles on the clock, for a hair under $7,000. Pretty sure you can haggle and say this is what i'll give you, take it or leave it. OR, you could also buy a killer hooked up K7 Wee with a lot of farkles for a lot less... I'm looking at cutting mine loose.

·
Registered
712 Posts
they would make me a great deal of $8900 plus TTL, dock, setup yada yada yada.
The price is out of line. I paid $7000 + ~$300 pdi + taxes, here in Canada, for my new 2009 in early 2010, though I had to go to Montreal to get it, 120 miles away (it was a nice day for a smoked meat sandwich, anyway).

The economy is now no better, Suzuki is no stronger, and the 2012s are showing up at a decent price; all of which dictates a lower price for the leftovers. Maybe that dealer is stuck with a lot of bikes he paid too much for.

My local Ottawa/Gatineau dealers, who are rip-off artists in their own rights, are selling the 2011 for $500 less than your quote.

You'll do better, I'm sure.

Marc

·
Registered
25 Posts
last i heard, there were 24 2011's for sale near toronto , 6999 +taxes. that was as of a month ago. i paid a bit less, but it was a special case

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
That's not a good deal. Make a call to some of the Salt Lake or Las Vegas dealers. I know that The Edge Motorsports in Draper has a 2011 black ABS on the showroom floor. Give them a call and see what you can work out over the phone. They will be more motivated than your dealer there in St. George. I'll even help you get it down to St. George if you need. Feel free to pm me if you have questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
New guy here, hello everyone. Just bought a white 2011 on Saturday with center stand, hand guards, and the OEM luggage deal for options. Paid $7300 out the door.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At the beginning of October I got a 2011, black DL650 out of the crate with the "Adventure Touring" package (TraX side bags, crash bars, skid plate & hand guards) for $8200.00 CDN out the door licensing and taxes in

Mac.

·
Registered
133 Posts
NEW? That is a very good deal. Here in Viriginia Beach, I offered 8K OTD, and that would have been without a center stand etc, bone stock, and they would not deal. that was early Oct

New guy here, hello everyone. Just bought a white 2011 on Saturday with center stand, hand guards, and the OEM luggage deal for options. Paid $7300 out the door.

·
Registered
552 Posts
When the 2012's get here you will have an option: Buy the latest and greatest or buy last years model cheap. Trust me, when they are side-by-side the 2011's prices will fall. The new bike is heads above more attractive as a package.

I would WAIT....

·
Registered
899 Posts
When the 2012's get here you will have an option: Buy the latest and greatest or buy last years model cheap. Trust me, when they are side-by-side the 2011's prices will fall. The new bike is heads above more attractive as a package.
For me, 40% savings off MSRP would be attractive. Plus, the new bike has a smaller tank (2 ltrs) and is an inch taller.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts