StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the stock seat on my wee and can ride about 200 miles before I get very uncomfortable. My bigger problem is that my wife is begging for mercy after only 50. I've read dozens of threads and see good and bad about every seat possible. What I haven't found are any comments regarding passenger comfort. I want her to ride with me more, but when she's uncomfortable...:devil_13: I can't be the only guy with this problem. I'll be thankful for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I am on the stock seat as well, but I am the one that complains. My wife doesn't seem to have issues with the seat so far. We will not take a +200 mile ride until I can get a Russell Day Long seat. I would feel bad if she started feeling the pain I do an hour or two from our destination, so until I can replace the seat, we keep round trip rides to about 3 hours.

Jim

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Gel option?

I was thinking the same thing for passenger comfort. My wife is good for a couple hundred miles the daughter can go a lot further.

Is the gel seat better back there for the passenger or is it just better for the pilot?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't ride the Wee two up. I do ride an HD with my fiance, and prior to the HD we road my BMW RT. On the RT she was good for about an hour before she wanted to stop. We did a ride in for a Russell Day Long for both of us. We left Redding that day and road toward the Oregon Coast. I asked about 90 minutes in if she needed a break, she said she was fine. We road 3.5 hours that night, didn't stop. The Next morning we got up and road back to Portland, about eight hours in the saddle. She said nothing about saddle the whole trip.

Picked up the HD, did the first ride together on the stock saddle. One hour in, she asks "When are we going to get a RDL?" I was lucky, got a ride in appointment that someone else was a no show for. Have done several multi day trips, 250-500 miles a day, no seat complaints from either of us.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am using the stock seat on my wee and can ride about 200 miles before I get very uncomfortable. My bigger problem is that my wife is begging for mercy after only 50. I've read dozens of threads and see good and bad about every seat possible. What I haven't found are any comments regarding passenger comfort. I want her to ride with me more, but when she's uncomfortable...:devil_13: I can't be the only guy with this problem. I'll be thankful for any feedback.
The Russel Daylong was the only solution that worked for me.
The stock seat was torture, couldnt go more than 30 miles.
The gel seat was better but no improvement for the passenger.
The Russel seat eliminated my butt (and hers) as the limiting factor distance riding wise. Totally worth the money.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
no gel for 2 up

I was thinking the same thing for passenger comfort. My wife is good for a couple hundred miles the daughter can go a lot further.

Is the gel seat better back there for the passenger or is it just better for the pilot?
There's no gel in the rear for the Zuk gel seat. I had my seat modified, they put special foam in for the passenger for $25. She likes it much better than stock. On key I've found is to stop every hour. My fiancee also dislikes the pressure of the helmet (yes it's the right size), so I make sure we get off the bike and walk around with out helmets off every hour. Sometimes I just gas up the tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts