StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for shits and giggles, what are some of you guys other toys? I have a bunch of vintage snowmobiles to keep me saying weee! when the snow flies. Also a 1970 Rupp cart, goes way too fast for me to be only 2 inches off the ground, not far to fall though. I
IMG_20200411_103751.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ebikes are my other toys. This is the Mtb version. Also have a touring hybrid version.

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
beside my V-strom ( I don't really call it a toy, I've deducted plenty of business miles on my taxes) I got my UTV, but same deal, more business use than pleasure, and my K-pipe, and that's starting to rack up business miles as well. Toys: Savage Axis 30-06 Yugoslavian SKS, Stoeger 12ga O/U goose gun, Stoeger S/S 12ga coach gun, Marlin model 120 12ga pump, Savage single shot 20ga, Marlin Model 1893 32-40, Henry brass/octagonal 30-30, Ruger Redhawk, Raging Judge, Springfield Armory 1911. Orvis fly rods x 2

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Uhh... two other motorcycles?

I simply cannot muster any enthusiasm for things with more wheels or that float. I'd need several more zeroes sloshing around my savings accounts to get into things that fly.

The vintage itch gets scratched with a 1983 GS850G:

That deep-down dirty tingle is relieved with a 2005 (mostly) KLR650. 685, actually. Itsa bitsa.

Yep, it's nekkid. In 2013 after a 7-point buck helpfully subtracted everything forward of the steering stem and added quite a bit of titanium to my skeleton, I rebuilt the bike with assorted fleaBay parts and a donated headlight shell from a GS650.

I washed it once in 2012:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Guns, a cbr1000rr, knives, rc cars, rc boats, watches, i think are the only things that are tangible. Other hobbies are whiskey.....not a toy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Does a $2,000 lens count ???

• LEICA VARIO-ELMAR Lens
  • For Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds
  • Power Optical Image Stabilization
  • Splash and Dustproof
  • Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight. Up to two-thirds smaller and nearly one-fifth the weight of comparable DSLR 35mm long zoom lenses.
  • 100-400mm F/4.0-6.3 LEICA VARIO-ELMAR high-performance lens for nature photography (200-800mm 35mm camera lens equivalent).
  • Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body. (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX G Mirrorless camera models.)
  • Impressive image stability with integrated LUMIX Power Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) and LUMIX Dual I.S. camera compatibility.
100-400 ( 200 -800 mm Equiv ) - 2 lb
Lets me do this at 1/2 km

or this at a safe distance,

oh yeah ...sturdy 2004 KLR keeps truckin in Australia ...and yes I am pointed the correct way on the Gillies 🤪

Reactions: Mucksavage

·
Registered
732 Posts
Waiting to take possession on this next week:

I don't have a V-Strom at the moment. I've got this for touring:
And then your basic MTB (I have a road bike, too, but honestly it's mostly for winter exercise/training, as I don't really enjoy road cycling all that much) that I take out once or twice a week on some local (mostly flat land) trails. Just a cheap one but I added a decent fork to it. Maybe CAD$700 in it all together, but it works pretty good and I get a fair bit of use out of it:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My Beemer
20161007_131527.jpg

and I play with computers as well doing distributed computing projects. Those are utilitarian though, not pretty.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well, you've seen my Trophy and my truck. Here is a sample of some other toys.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does a $2,000 lens count ???
Yes, it absolutely does.

My toy box includes a DSLR kit (Canon) with a collection of lenses (and tripods, filters, flashes, remote controls, etc), A Sebastian Flute Carbon Elite recurve bow, an aging Trek Fuel 90 Mountain Bike (doesn't see much mileage now, but I raced it for 15 years), a Devinci Sliverstone SL1 road bike, a modest collection of fishing gear, some rock climbing gear, and squash racquets.

There's also a collection of allegedly musical instruments (guitar, sax, trumpet, flute, piano) which I've learned to play with a small amount of skill, then set aside to learn the next one, forgetting how to play the earlier instruments in the process. Seems I enjoy learning to play an instrument much more than actually playing them.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
In order of usage...... Ford/New Holland tractor, Super Tenere, Honda Rincon ATV, aluminum fishing/hunting boat with pump jet engine, 4Runner used as boat puller, Honda XR400r, guns (30).

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It's a wet day down here in OZ so I thought I would tell my story.

I live and work in Sydney Australia but have a 220 acre rural property 2.5 hours south west called ROLEX (not named by me)

Of course having a big block allows you to collect more boys toys than the average Sydney sider.

I enjoy sharing my property with friends so I have 8 "we call them caravans" you may call them trailer homes ? they are used for accommodation for my visitors.

I have a total of 27 motorcycles starting at 50cc and working up, there is enough for all visitors to enjoy.

I have a few old bush bashers and half a dozen 4x4's to play with, my favourite is a tube frame dune buggy, VW running gear with a Subaru motor.

There's a couple of tractors to make farm life easier.

I have long arms & hand guns.

RC boats and yachts for racing on the dams and cars for the camp site.

At home in Sydney I keep a 5.2m Stejcraft Sea Sport boat and a great wife.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've got many toys. Probably too many. Like guns, like cars, like bikes, like golf, etc. here's a couple of my money pits.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Couple of my plinkers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Christ I’m boring you guys have some nice toys.

I sim race. Yes, ride my V-Strom, build PCs and sim race.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts