StromTrooper banner

What maintenance/mods/farkles did you do to your Strom today?

682K views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  Oliver1979 
#1 ·
- I cleaned and lubed the chain.

- Installed my new mirror extenders.

#59 ·
Yesterday , got the Shinko 705's mounted and installed. Also did the 16/43 gear swap. Putting the risers and fork brace on this morning. Gunna be 65 and sunny this afternoon , headed over to Cheaha....

#60 ·
Fixed and reinstalled the touring footrests that got damaged during the crash.

#62 ·
Attached my new "top case".

Now I just need to fix and install the side panniers. (one got busted during the crash).

#63 ·
rode the wee and lubed the chain.

#70 ·
Just finished installing my Altrider frame sliders and side-stand foot extension...in the dark.

The damn things look huge. I'll post pics after I see them in the daylight.

#72 ·
Update:

The Madstad bracket works! No more buffeting even with my stock windscreen :thumbup:

Thanks Gary at Pat Walsh Designs!

#75 ·
I added LED brake lights to the trunk mount and just finished installing a new Anakee III front tire. Just waiting for the dyna beads to show up so I can ride it. The rear tire is next, maybe tomorrow.

#76 ·
Just put on a set of front brake pads. Nice and easy, the way maintenance should be.

#77 ·
Fixed the panier that got busted during the crash. I became a fiberglass/bondo wizard! :mrgreen:

#78 ·
Installed some gizmos that required wiring...a new GPS mount and a Cooscase volt. Oh, and since I wired the Cooscase to charge camera batteries while out on hikes, the easy "one light" battery monitor.

Soon I'll be adding lowered pegs for the long legged spouse.

#79 ·
Just finished changing oil (Rotella 10-40), checking assorted nuts/bolts, adjusting/lubing chain, installing Touratech skidplate and Suzuki vario screen I picked up used from fellow trooper Roadkingedout. I'm ready for spring!

#80 ·
Finished up the big front end overhaul today... and it feels great!

Started with stripping the front end off completely to replace the OEM head bearings with some tapered All Balls. Went a smooth as silk thanx to BL's tutorial.

Moved on to replacing the fork fluid which also was a no-brainer. I did consider ordering the new springs but with all the other expenses this year I decided to keep that on the wish list until I can afford to do the front and rear all at once.

While I was waiting for the fluid to drain out of the forks I installed a set of peg lowering brackets I picked up last year. With the handlebar up and backs I previously installed, my standing position should be much better for those long logging road runs now.

After reinstalling the forks I moved onto the brake upgrade from Blair over at SV Racing. Did I mention how super he really is. I'm sure that man can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Anyway, the new 4-pot calipers mounted up to the SV Racing adapters perfectly and the new steel braided lines and Galfer pads slipped into place like they were made to be there. Got the system bled using the banjo bleeders that Blair talked me into without any trouble at all.

Moved some lines around under the dash and zip-tied the hell out of everything then decided it was time for a much deserved rum and coke. I`m pretty happy with how everything has come together so far. Maybe tomorrow I`ll get the plastics buttoned back up and can go for a little run to seat the pads and see how the front end feels.

Come on Spring! :thumbup:

#81 ·
got the motech centerstand installed, finally, on the wee.

#82 · (Edited)
It's been a long winter but...

- Temperatures above 50 degrees: Check.
- Install top case: Check.
- Repair and install side cases: Check.
- Remove winter hand muffs: Check.
- Install Madstad windscreen riser: Check.
- Lube chain: Check.
- Vee ready to tour: CHECK!

Now, I don't want to hear words like snow or cold weather again in a looooooong time!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#83 ·
dang that baby is shiny! it's burning my retinas. :mod2_wacko: