map PC 3

Ride it

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Today, heated up the garage and had three friends over who helped me install my BB VPS hand guards. With extra hands available, was able to get everything to align up. Tried above controls then below. The below turned out to be the best. The white with black look great!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Used some flat bar steel to make adapters and moved my Givi V46 top box back about 2 inches. Oh, also changed the oil and filter.

·
Registered
714 Posts
JUST RODE THEM HOME

WOODY'S WHEEL WORKS

shiny side up

sw
Those look super sweet. IMO spoke wheels are what the Strom has needed from the beginning. Kinda takes it from "the budget ADV bike" and moves it on up the ladder towards the Yamaha and Honda entries....

Looks like you were able to keep the stock rotors; how about the rest of the hardware like axles, etc? And how much did those bad boys set you back?

·
Registered
326 Posts
spokes

Those look super sweet. IMO spoke wheels are what the Strom has needed from the beginning. Kinda takes it from "the budget ADV bike" and moves it on up the ladder towards the Yamaha and Honda entries....

Looks like you were able to keep the stock rotors; how about the rest of the hardware like axles, etc? And how much did those bad boys set you back?
thanks for the flowers

just put about 85 miles of back/dirt roads on 'em & the reduced un-sprung weight sure makes a difference

all the parts were direct swaps, incl the hardware

w/ a set of low mile replacement front rotors, the tab was $2300±, to the door

sw

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well since its 20 degrees or less out and ice/snow coming down and I can't ride my new to me Wee.... I installed my battery tender connection, made a mount for the ram ball above the gauges (on the windshield mounts), and installed some wind deflectors on it. Also mounted my Mermite cans from my KLR on there but still need to fix the mounting a bit.

Still need to get a 12v outlet on there... I may be headed down to ride the dragon (and all the gravel I can find) next month. Wife's family lives in VA a few hours away which gives me an excuse to ride down. :thumbup:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Received my Rostra 250-1223 cruise in the mail but the half a foot of new snow made me lose interest in heating up the garage and taking all the body panels off. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Added two USB outlets and one powerlet.
Added a fuseblock and relay for it.
Relocated tipover relay to allow for fuse block.
Added universal 12v charge/compressor port.
Added PC V. a fleabay special!!!
Added digital solar thermometer.
Done!!!!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
59 Posts
start up my 2006

pulled the mouse plug from exhaust, fired up. Idle 3 minutes, rev a few times, listening to it. Stand back, admire. Shut down, plug back in, key in drawer. Come here to look for suspension. Racetech most likely, front and rear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Its really tearing me appart. I bought my Wee last year in september after dreaming about it for 10 years. Only got to ride it for a moth before winter set in. So now i wait for snow to clear so i can ride again. Late march/early april season starts. In the meantime i have ordered new extra lights to mount on the bike. They havent arrived but atleast that will keep me busy for a few days....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Its really tearing me appart. I bought my Wee last year in september after dreaming about it for 10 years. Only got to ride it for a moth before winter set in. So now i wait for snow to clear so i can ride again. Late march/early april season starts. In the meantime i have ordered new extra lights to mount on the bike. They havent arrived but atleast that will keep me busy for a few days....
I feel for you...we had an unusual winter. Got to ride in every month I believe. Traded in my KLR a few weeks ago for the Wee... Got to ride 100+ miles that day and the next morning...and it has sat ever since. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yesterday , got the Shinko 705's mounted and installed. Also did the 16/43 gear swap. Putting the risers and fork brace on this morning. Gunna be 65 and sunny this afternoon , headed over to Cheaha....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fixed and reinstalled the touring footrests that got damaged during the crash.

41 - 60 of 3687 Posts