StromTrooper banner
5201 - 5220 of 5279 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
In this thread from some years ago:

a 2017 DL650 owner shows a Sit n Fly installed and states no cutting or stapling was needed.

Unfortunately his eBay link is no longer valid, so I'm not 100% sure what he bought.

It could be that the Sit n Fly designed for the first and second generation DL650, which also works for the first gen DL1000 since the seat pan is basically the same shape, also works for the third gen DL650. I suspect one can simply tuck and adjust to fit the pointier front end of the seat. Going to ask the eBay vendor.
Mine is due to arrive Saturday from Ebay seller paulibiker in Ankeny, Iowa. Will post fit update.

Link; Sit N Fly paulibiker on Ebay

Azure Font Software Screenshot Rectangle

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
eBay vendor I bought my last Sit n Fly from, paulibiker, responded. The same cover should fit a 2017+ DL650. Good to know. I'm not ready to order one just yet. It's only really needed with warmer weather.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Installed my new Happy Trails Teton side cases. I got the 9" regular. They are pretty wide on the bike but will hold a ton of stuff. I could probably make a Sam's Club run with these!

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,479 Posts
I like mine a lot.

The "ugly" parts are pretty much hidden after installation.

Works much better than my old universal Vista Cruise.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In this thread from some years ago:

a 2017 DL650 owner shows a Sit n Fly installed and states no cutting or stapling was needed.

Unfortunately his eBay link is no longer valid, so I'm not 100% sure what he bought.

It could be that the Sit n Fly designed for the first and second generation DL650, which also works for the first gen DL1000 since the seat pan is basically the same shape, also works for the third gen DL650. I suspect one can simply tuck and adjust to fit the pointier front end of the seat. Going to ask the eBay vendor.
They have a website. That’s who I contacted. Wish I had the seat to look under it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
eBay vendor I bought my last Sit n Fly from, paulibiker, responded. The same cover should fit a 2017+ DL650. Good to know. I'm not ready to order one just yet. It's only really needed with warmer weather.
I actually ordered mine for the comfort. The airflow is nice but something about that material let’s me ride waaaaay longer before my arse starts to hurt. The only “downside” of the cover is that I definitely notice the difference in the height of the seat. Might only be a 1/4” or so, but it’s noticeable since I’m only 5’8”.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I actually ordered mine for the comfort. The airflow is nice but something about that material let’s me ride waaaaay longer before my arse starts to hurt. The only “downside” of the cover is that I definitely notice the difference in the height of the seat. Might only be a 1/4” or so, but it’s noticeable since I’m only 5’8”.
I'm ~5'-9.5". Just arrived at local USPS distribution center. Did order a $20 air cushion from AliExpress to try underneath the Sit N Fly;

Rectangle Grille Font Electric blue Auto part

·
Registered
2019 DL650AL9
166 Posts
In the past month:
-16T front sprocket
-SW-Motech center stand
-Ravetech skid plate
-Seat Concepts kit

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm ~5'-9.5". Just arrived at local USPS distribution center. Did order a $20 air cushion from AliExpress to try underneath the Sit N Fly;

View attachment 296590
I may have missed it, but have you had a Sitnfly cover before the one you just ordered? I could ride for hours and my butt was fine. I can barely take a couple hours on the stock seat. I’m thinking you may not need the extra cushion.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I may have missed it, but have you had a Sitnfly cover before the one you just ordered? I could ride for hours and my butt was fine. I can barely take a couple hours on the stock seat. I’m thinking you may not need the extra cushion.
This will be a first for me. I hope not to have to use the extra cushion.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I found this air cushion on sale for $25 and tried it both over and under my Sit N Fly:

It's definitely better over.

When properly inflated, i.e. minimally (far less than I anticipated), using it over the SNF (or on top of the seat directly) allows the cushion to displace air from directly under my butt to the sides and back of the cushion, improving support — effectively widening the seat and delivering more surface area between butt and seat.

When using the cushion under the Sit N Fly, the SNF restricts the air cushion's ability to expand to the sides and back, thereby limiting or preventing outright its ability to provide more support and surface area between butt and seat.

I still miss my Russell Day Long from my old bike, and nothing compares to it IMO, but I no longer have the budget for it. At this point, I have a few options that make my seat quite comfortable for my purposes: DIY seat mod (mostly about seat position, not form / cushion), Sit N Fly, the above air cushion, and sheepskin. For ~$100 (the DIY seat mod cost me next to nothing, just some time), I'm covered for just about anything I need to do on the bike.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
222 Posts
They have a website. That’s who I contacted. Wish I had the seat to look under it.
Can you post the link to the site, please? The links in that original thread are dead.

I'm hoping that they now make them for the short 1050 seat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can you post the link to the site, please? The links in that original thread are dead.

I'm hoping that they now make them for the short 1050 seat.

Thanks.
I ended up ordering from a guy on the advrider forums. He’s a local distributor of sorts. He also sells them on eBay it seems. His name is Paulibiker if you wanna message him over there. I sent him a pm and PayPal’d some money his way.

5201 - 5220 of 5279 Posts