StromTrooper banner
5041 - 5060 of 5076 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
New Dunlap Trailsmart(This is the 4th one) replacing same with 10K. Prior to that they did 9K.
Air filter changed w/15K. Dirty but could have went another 10. Turned 60K on my 18 the day before the work.

·
Registered
670 Posts
New Dunlap Trailsmart(This is the 4th one) replacing same with 10K. Prior to that they did 9K.
Air filter changed w/15K. Dirty but could have went another 10. Turned 60K on my 18 the day before the work.
Congrats on turning 60K. No grass growing under those wheels!

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I haven't posted my recent updates lately, so here is my catch-up:
  • Replaced OEM horn with Freeway Blaster - tucked up under the beak instead of where Suzuki had it behind the radiator (why?).
  • Replaced worn OEM tires with Trailmax Missions
  • Installed RaveTech mini skid plate (because I don't do "hard core" off-road like I did with the DR650 and I like the look of the OEM cowling).

·
Registered
2004 DL650
32 Posts
That looks pretty normal. Clean it up, of course, and that whole area, but I doubt you'll notice any difference.
Dunno if it was the dirty pushrod or a clutch adjustment that was long overdue but it's much better now. I just bought the bike recently so now I'm wondering what else the previous owner might have put off for too long?

Already changed the oil, so it might be time to figure out where the air filter is and see how dirty it's gotten.

·
Registered
'21 1050XT
192 Posts
Not a mod that I've done but one that I'm considering - Speedohealer.
As a typical Jap road bike the speedo is waay out and seems to vary it's waay out-ness at different speeds.

Whilst I have a GPS speedo (Bryton Rider 10) strapped to the accessory bar, it'd be nice to have a speedo that's more or less accurate.

Who's fitted a speedo healer to the 1050?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Over the last couple of days I replaced the rear tire with a Michelin Road 5 and replaced the front OEM pads to EBC's.
Put on some rim tape!
Had a pair of knock-off Hippo Hands kicking around for the last several years and never used them. Today I finally got around to putting in large grommets that would allow the mirrors to properly mount. I have a pair of Barkbusters under them where I removed the plastic wind deflectors but kept the metal brush guard to eliminate wind pressure on the levers. Bring on the winter!
[IMG]

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
323 Posts
Very happy with my Cosmo skid plate and I've ridden a fair amount of gravel since putting it on. I chose the steel model as it was built as tough enough to use a lift on it. The gravel was starting to pit the powder coating/paint of it right where it gets thrown off the front tire.
Decided to give it a coating of FlexSeal (liquid rubber) to keep it from rusting and maybe even quiet the rattling from the stones pinging against it. Did some minimal masking and chose the spray version. Works great and dries fast. Applied it to the point of sagging in a couple or three coats. It's tough stuff but will see how it holds up thru the rest of the season. View attachment 291854 View attachment 291855
Update on the FlexSeal rubberized coating I applied on the Cosmo skid plate. I have been mostly riding the Wing before riding season closes down and finally got some off highway time on gravel with the Strom.
The coating seems to hold up very well and is quieter from flying stones. It's been wet lately so the gravel is sticky and not a great comparison but it certainly is an improvement. Considering a front fender lift mod of some sort. Larger rocks going thru the fender/tire path make some horrendous sounds every now and then and would prefer not to shatter the front fender.
The Scout 60 tires are not very good (read awful) in anything slippery.

·
Registered
2002 1000 V-Strom
65 Posts
.. found some more good stuff waiting for me when I got home today.. the decals I have been ordering to farkle up my new proper dual sport helmet started to arrive 🙂 .. love the font I picked for this "Live More" sticker

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed a voltmeter without an accessory rack. Turns out that 12v socket accessories fit in the throttle cable tree clip. The threaded washer pinches the clip and holds the gauge securely. It's connected to the grip heater plug with an Eastern Beaver cable. Voltage reads 3/4 of a volt lower than at the battery. The green arc starts at 13.2 Volts (13.9 at the battery). When cruising, I usually see 3 green bars and 13.8-13.9 Volts (14.5-14.6 at the battery). It's a nice minimal installation that will help let me know if my stator gives up the ghost.

Speedometer Light Motor vehicle Odometer Gauge
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Steering part

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
.. found some more good stuff waiting for me when I got home today.. the decals I have been ordering to farkle up my new proper dual sport helmet started to arrive .. love the font I picked for this "Live More" sticker
What’s the font name?
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
323 Posts

·
Registered
2002 1000 V-Strom
65 Posts

·
Registered
2004 DL650
127 Posts
I was going to cut one on my CNC out of alupanel but this one was $30.00 WITH the USB outlet and volt meter so it wasn't worth it.

5041 - 5060 of 5076 Posts