StromTrooper banner
5001 - 5020 of 5076 Posts

·
Registered
2011 DL650
241 Posts
That looks great. If possible, could you take a low picture of the cross over. I would like to see what mods I will need to do to my skid plate.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep. It's the 18". If you want noticable noise, get a shorter one. The 18" is pretty quiet,
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
but that's what I was looking for. My buddy has them on his DL1000 and it sounds perfect (to me) when I'm behind him.

Reactions: BlackRockFox

·
Registered
2011 DL650
241 Posts
Thank you. It could not be in a worse spot to save the skid plate. I’ll have to figure something out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yesterday I installed Scottoiler esystem which had been waiting for a while on the shelf.

I had the Vsystem with HCR running for 30000 km until the main unit got clogged. In between I tried Tutoro chain oiler but it did not give any oil from the position I placed it even though priming was ok - I will test it on another bike and with better positioning.

The eSystem suggested plugging it directly into the battery and that’s what I did. The screen shuts down quite fast and then starts when power is back on. Probably following the voltage (but it is not shown on the screen). Someone passing by could prime the system over and over again.

After two hour ride I once again had properly oiled chain.

All these oil systems make me wonder how many sets of chains and sprockets I could have afforded with the same money…

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Today I put the massively heavy stock mufflers back on and moved the Delkevic mufflers back to the Trophy. The stock ones actually don't sound bad on the Vee and that Triumph Triple is SO deserving of the Delkevic cans. The sound is SEXY.

I also discovered my brake light is always on. Dammit Janet! I know it was tricky with the adjustment when I put the peg lowering kit on. After the crash AdventureTech was AWESOME and sent me a replacement plate for the right side (I had bent mine in the crash). So, one more job to regain perfection - rear brake light switch adjustment.

·
Registered
K9 Wee
438 Posts
Pulled the forks on my K9 Wee, and replaced the seals.
I went with the Pivot Works Seals
I added a pair of Rancho fork boots P/N RS1952.
I had a hard time seating the seals. But got it eventually.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Trying to run the rear tire down to cords, but got an air leak first. I must have plugged it before. :unsure:

New Bstone A41 going on.

ADD: yep, I plugged the tire last year I think. New tire on wheel.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Steering bearings I put in the spring is klunking a bit.

Removed the top triple clamp and the AL nuts were loose. Cleaning them up and re tightening.

I suppose they are bedding in a bit.

Torque specs: 45 nm on the lower AL nut. 80 nm on the lock nut. 90 nm on the triple nut.

·
Registered
2002 1000 V-Strom
65 Posts
Installed Auxbeam LED bulbs, added a LED strip to my trunk box and colour matched the top half. Took it on its first rain storm test ride.. not by choice but things happen! :oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I discovered my brake light was always on. I could hear the front switch making/breaking so figured rear switch adjustment was out. I added the AdventureTech peg lowering kit last year, then bent the right side plate when I was hit. They sent me a new plate which I installed, but I guess the switch adjustment must have been borderline and in changing the plate I moved it a fraction. So, newly adjusted and all working as designed now. Oh yeah, I discovered this after putting the stock mufflers back on last week. They sound good, just a bit quiet - and heavy. The Delkevic mufflers went back on the Trophy Triple. That sound is almost indescribable.

·
Registered
2018 DL1000XT L8, 1977 GT750A "Kettle"
36 Posts
Fitted the GPS RAM mount and wired it up to the accessory socket. From this angle it looks as though it obscures the clocks but from the riding position it doesn't. Used the RAM-B-367U kit on the top left handlebar mount.

Photo

·
Registered
777 Posts
I got a new helmet with a peak (review on its way), and the buffetting was insane. I took the peak off the helmet, but that didn't help.

So I modded my big V with wind deflectors to try and calm the beast.

Yep...those are foam triangles held on by gorilla tape.

I tried them first on the back (forward) side of the mirrors. No difference.

Then the hand guards. Nada.

Then on the forward fairing, outboard of the headlights. Nope!

Then on the windscreen as pictured. Viola! Reduced the hammering on the helmet to virtually ZERO! Still seems like there's lots of 'drag' on the helmet...a little odd.

I'm now playing with the position of the deflectors.

Sometime this week I'll reinstall the peak on the helmet and see how that goes.

Fun fun!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
777 Posts
Since it'll be several days til I can get a review done, I'll leave this here!

Scorpion ADX-1 Lontano. Euro version of the AT-950.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: D.T.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Put my stock exhaust back on. It's heavy, quiet and smooth. I must be getting old. :ROFLMAO:

Always a trade off. Anyone interested in buying my Akra Ti 3/4 exhaust? Lower pipe is dinged up a bit from rocks.

·
Registered
2002 1000 V-Strom
65 Posts
Had the chance today to try out the portable wheel lift stand I picked up on Amazon to lube my chain at fuel fill ups on the road. Works like a charm to lift the back tire off the ground for quick maintenance on the go.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Alaskan butt pad.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Removed the front 16T sprocket. Man that thing was tight. Not sure why. I didn't put it on that tight.

Found strange wear on the inside. :unsure:

Ordered some SS round shims from McMaster to shim out the new 15T sprocket.

5001 - 5020 of 5076 Posts