StromTrooper banner

4601 - 4620 of 4649 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,574 Posts
That's right, the MT1 comes with a manual recording button. I wouldn't have any use for it either, I only need the system to turn on and off automatically. To me, that is the selling point of a dashcam, as opposed to a GoPro or similar: I don't have to remember to turn it on.

A note on image quality: for some reason, dashcam makers almost always "dumb down" the recording bitrate (video quality) to well below what the hardware can do. It's dumb, since SD storage is so cheap today that file size isn't much of an issue.

There are solutions. I use a customized firmware on my Innovv K2. The guy who makes those might be convinced to make them for the Viofo MT1 as well, if there's enough interest.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's right, the MT1 comes with a manual recording button. I wouldn't have any use for it either, I only need the system to turn on and off automatically. To me, that is the selling point of a dashcam, as opposed to a GoPro or similar: I don't have to remember to turn it on.

A note on image quality: for some reason, dashcam makers almost always "dumb down" the recording bitrate (video quality) to well below what the hardware can do. It's dumb, since SD storage is so cheap today that file size isn't much of an issue.

There are solutions. I use a customized firmware on my Innovv K2. The guy who makes those might be convinced to make them for the Viofo MT1 as well, if there's enough interest.
That'd be awesome. I'd sign up to be a guinea pig for that ;). Even better if it was just something that could be done in VSCode so I could have a poke around as well.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,574 Posts
I don't know all the details, but I've discussed the firmware modding with the guy in general terms.

Basically, he looks in the firmware for a hex value that sets the recording bitrate, and changes it, e.g. from 12 to 20. No other changes.

I'll ask whether he's interested in modding for the Viofo cams. There was a different fellow who used to release modded firmwares for the Viofo A129 and A119 models, but he's not done a release for over a year. I think he got busy with other things.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I bought a pair of (Joe) Rocket Burner 7.4v gloves today. The "Joe" part of their brand is being slowly phased out, apparently. There is one little tag on the inside of each glove that has the familiar logo, but the big logos on the index fingers and gauntlet just say "Rocket."
I'll post my impression of them in the Riding Gear Forum after I've used them a while.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,574 Posts
That'd be awesome. I'd sign up to be a guinea pig for that ;). Even better if it was just something that could be done in VSCode so I could have a poke around as well.
I started a Dashcam thread under the gadgets forum so we won't clutter this one with further dashcam nerd-ery:

·
Registered
198 Posts
How were they to mount? I have a set waiting to go, the sidewalk seems stiffer then the Shinko 705’s.
I should have said I had it mounted...the machine did all the heavy lifting. Check out the "Tires for cheap" thread, some others can probably answer your question.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Reactions: Heisok

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Added an Atlas Throttle Lock. Had to try several positions to get it right for me. Also had to put a couple of layers of black tape under the “Bump” on the throttle cable housing. Took it for a quick test ride, seems to work pretty good. Will try to test it at 75mph + in a day or so, to see if it holds. One person can install it, but a second set of hands made it much easier.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Went for a spin yesterday. My modified shifter was a bit too low. Adjusted the linkage a bit to get the shifter up.

I think the ODO hit 50k too yesterday.

Took out the garbage. Amazing life I lead! 😁

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
O-rings above courtesy of realshelby:

Hmmm.. I clicked on the link to be sure. It is the correct page. The quote above actually shows this page, along with part number and size of the correct o-ring.

• Model: E70215
  • 1,728 in Stock
  • 1-1/16"ID X 1-5/16"OD X 1/8"CS
  • Actual: 1.046"ID X 0.139"CS
  • Metric: 26.57mm ID X 3.53mm CS

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,574 Posts
Has anyone used the Galfer front brake pads on your Vee? What sort of pad life do you get?

I installed a fresh set on my Vee in April, only about 3000 miles ago. "OEM upgrade" semi-metallic ones, Galfer part #'s FD174G1054 (front left pads) and FD179G1054 (front right pads).

When I had to remove the front wheel last week, I noticed that the "new" pads were alarmingly thin. While the wear is even (great!), I'm down to ~2mm of material on all 4 pads (WTF?).

This is disappointing. The OEM pads lasted most of 3 years and 30k miles.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Put the AdventureTech Fork Braces on today. Easy install and am blown away at the difference it made. I could feel it before I even got out of my driveway. Which is long rough gravel downhill. On pavement, the difference was impressive. Took it through some twisties and the bike felt more like my old CBR. Mind blown. Headed across a paved back road that is nothing but DOT patch jobs and it felt better there also. Didn’t go to the Interstate yet to feel any truck wash. But even if that is still a bit squirly, it was worth every penny.

4601 - 4620 of 4649 Posts