StromTrooper banner

4381 - 4400 of 4421 Posts

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,228 Posts
Heh, it's like black magic. This morning the front brake lever is nice and firm. Not sure why that works, pretty sure it shouldn't, but at any rate now I can call that job done and move on :)
I dunno, pretty sure it SHOULD work. I do the same thing when I've bled the clutch.

Having the lever held down should let any bubbles in the lines slowly work their way up to the master cylinder, and out.

also: I leave the respective cover off, with just a shop towel covering the opening, to help any bubbles escape more easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow. You really got your money's worth out of those sprockets! Especially front.

DL1000 chain tension adjustment is totally different, but I've not hesitated to swap a few fasteners when I didn't like Suzuki's choice. For example, stainless hex drive screws instead of Philips (or whatever that DIN standard is that replaced JIS, I'm not having that discussion again) to secure the swingarm chain guard when the originals fell off.
Yea the front sprocket was on the verge of breaking teeth. Each tooth looked like it had a crack in it. I do a fair amount of off road and daily commuting year around and I hated messing with the stock bolts always having to clean them out good so I decided to swap and have no regrets

·
Registered
303 Posts
Replaced my air filter for the first time. Not too painful, but somehow I lost two of the Allen screws that hold the trim, so for now they have standard hex screws. Thank you nice people at NAPA.

Installed new Mita E-07s. Took forever to do the rear yesterday, forgot how crucial lube is for breaking the bead. The front went pretty quick, just a couple hours this morning. Took a few tries to get the bead to set, very smooth otherwise.

Hitting the Oregon BCDR next week, I think she's ready. Hope I am.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Swapped out the Shinko 705's for a set to Metzler Tourance Next's. The Shinko's were what was on the bike when I got it, and I've kept putting them on because they're cheap as dirt, but it's a whole different bike with the Metzler's on it. Smoother, quieter, more confident cornering (at least on pavement). Should have done this 30,000km ago.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My OEM side case brackets finally arrived today - installed them this afternoon.

Cheers!
K

·
Registered
13 Posts
Received and installed my rebuilt rear shock from Adventure Powersports/Sasquatch Suspensions.

The Eibach spring is larger than the original, so while I could swing the dogbones out of the way for removal of the shock, removal of one of them a was necessary for installation. It took less than an hour to do the install solo.

All set to test it out afterwards, and the battery is dead. Maybe tomorrow night after the heat breaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Bought a 24mm socket 1/2" drive for my torque wrench this morning, put new rubber on the front and back last weekend.
I keep meaning to pick up a 32mm wrench for the triple clamp center, but get cheap every time I’m at Lowe’s or H-D
I’ve got a socket, but need a wrench to fill that hole in my tools.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Went on a 200ish mile ride yesterday and decided that I'm going to keep it for a while, so it needs a werx clutch mod. Ordered one up this weekend and it is supposed to ship tomorrow. So I drained the oil and coolant and stripped the bike down in preparation. Nothing too exciting except that I found the rest of the magnet bits from my first rotor under the screen in the small well that is under it.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
For such an old bike that engine is remarkably clean. Usually the old oil leaves stains and carbon everywhere. That sucker looks near new.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Buttoned it up and took it out for about 5 miles to burp the system. Seemed fine in the chudder ranges, but tommorow after work I'll put a hundred plus miles on it and make sure.

4381 - 4400 of 4421 Posts