StromTrooper banner

4301 - 4320 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Think of it as a "Bullet-Proof Vest" (or maybe a bullet-proof bra)..........may not look good, but can save your hinney in a crisis.
Funny you should say that! In the box with the plate T-Rex included a free mask. Tan, thick and with a seam down the middle.
As soon as my wife saw it she pulled all her bras out to see which one I had cut up... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I got the Footpeg Lowering/Shifter Relocation kit from RichlandRick (AdventureTech) today. Looks awesome, Rick. Thank you. So, I put her up on the lift for a looksee. Seems to be a pretty straight forward install. As mine is a 2002 I will have to put a dent or a crease in the lower exhaust heat shield for the rear brake linkage. That looks to be tack welded to the collector making a big hammer the tool of choice.

Cheers,
Glenn

Reactions: WildDoktor

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yesterday I added a bump-stop to my centerstand. Old piece of fuel hose and zip ties. Tried it out today on 60 miles of dirt roads; success!

I also finally got sick of my Fusar comm unit and replaced it with my eons old Senna. But I had to get creative due to my camera mount. Again, zip ties to the rescue!

Apparently I should own a klr??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,161 Posts
My SW Motech centerstand came with a rubber bump stop that lasted approximately 3 weeks, before it physically fell apart and fell off.

Next thing I tried was an extra rubber foot from a Harbor Freight portable tire pump. That lasted longer, but eventually got shredded.

Then I found some rubber furniture "feet" at Ace Hardware that fit perfectly, and have proven robust.

SW Motech has, sadly, not yet consulted me for advice.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Installed a new power outlet(Handlebar style). The one I put on 2 years ago had a mount made of rubber and it was splitting apart in 2 places.
Also changed out my K&N air filter(24K) with a stock one so it could be cleaned(A 2 day process for me). It will go back in the next time the tank is off.
Went to ride my DRZ on Fri. and found it hydro locked. Both the petcock and float valve failed, filling the cyl. and airbox with fuel. Air filter also destroyed by the fuel. Disassembled and waiting on parts. Wish Suzuki would add FI to the new ones.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Finally got the new fuel injector "cushion" this morning. So crashbars, tupperware, fuel tank, airbox off (45 minutes), remove fuel distributor, injectors, replace cushion (5 minutes). Put the airbox (10 minutes with heavy cursing) and fuel tank back. Did a TBS, TPS check, adjusted idle & throttle (15 minutes) and then put the tupperware and crash bars back (30 minutes).

Almost two hours of wrenching to replace an 8-euro rubber ring. But the bike runs extremely well again (proven by a two-hour test ride) and I have no parts left over. So a good day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Installed the Adventuretech fork brace on my 2012 Wee. After about a hundred miles on gravel and asphalt, I can't say I notice a huge difference, but it does feel sharper in the corners, and maybe less wandering on deeper gravel. Easy install, worth doing if you can spare the coin.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Picked up the subframe from the powder coat shop and reinstalled. Routed the wire harness and used a section of the old lower rad hose to make a sleeve to protect the wiring where it passes the frame on the left.
It has just the right bend in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
That's some fresh, clean goodness right thar! That rad hose might be too big for that area, have you test fit the tank yet?

That 2nd pic is misleading...i kept zooming in and seeing "Honda"; thought "am I in the wrong forum?"

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Cleaned the chain, sprockets, and under the front sprocket covers on my Strom and the wife's Versys.
Before
20200630_111656.jpg

After
20200630_115602.jpg

Didn't get many pics of the Versys, but did discover that the grunge that Belray chain lube leaves behind is like tar! I had to scrape it out with a screwdriver and then scrub with a stiff brush and chain cleaner to get it out. Will be requesting the workshop NOT use that next time they service the bike. Pretty sure the manual just says to wipe it with some gear oil anyway.
Finished by wiping the chains with some chain oil, re-priming the Scottoilers, and spinning up the rear wheels on the centre stand to throw out any residual water.
Sorry, only took a rear sprocket pic of the Versys. Look away now if you're of a delicate disposition.
20200630_124658.jpg

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,161 Posts
Talked to Sasquatch yesterday, and the great news is that my rebuilt rear shock is on its way back. Supposed to be here Thursday.

I could swear that earlier in this thread (or was it another?) someone had done some work with their DL1000 rear shock.

IIRC it was a lot easier if you took the rear wheel out of the way first.

I have a center stand so I have that going for me. Should I need any special tools? Spring compressor?

·
Registered
626 Posts
That shock should be all in one piece; no special tools required. Rear wheel off, yes!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Installed the new Adventuretech peg lowering/shifter relocation kit (actually finished yesterday), so another test ride today. EVERYTHING is so much more comfortable and natural now. It all felt great before apart from my knees feeling a bit cramped after an hour or so. And the awkward shifting with the Forma Adventure Low boots.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not today, but recently enough...

Pulled my rear shock and sent to Sasquatch for rebuild. No center stand, so:

You guys and your neat garages.
Actually trying hard to free up some usable space, but so much is my wife's late parent's stuff. It's taking so long to go through it. We have four garage stalls and only have room for my car and the two bikes. :rolleyes::censored:

Bah. Enough whining. Back to doing.

4301 - 4320 of 4366 Posts