StromTrooper banner

4281 - 4300 of 4366 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
IMG_20200623_125231.jpg
IMG_20200623_125238.jpg

AdventureTech fork brace. Honestly not sure I rode it enough before to notice the difference. And I haven't been very aggressive yet. But the fit was perfect and shipping was very fast.

I'd like to find a short windscreen next. I have the stock all the way down. I'd like more airflow. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I tried the fork brace too and didn't notice. Took it off and left it off. If someone wants to buy it, let me know.

Flushed the rear brake fluid and added new DOT 4 yesterday. Then went for a sweet 200 mile ride.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Changed the 3 rear wheel bearings after 42k miles. The larger carrier bearing had broken bearing cage surprisingly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Check to make sure that the carrier is not rocking in the cush rubbers. My bearing was also damaged due to the spacer issue and worn out rubbers.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,161 Posts
The shifting schedule given in the owner's manual is odd.

I have a copy of the UK manual for the 2003 DL1000. There is a table designated as "for Canada" which has you upshifting every 10 km/h.

I expect it's written to satisfy some regulator or another. No one actually rides like that, surely?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The shifting schedule given in the owner's manual is odd.

I have a copy of the UK manual for the 2003 DL1000. There is a table designated as "for Canada" which has you upshifting every 10 km/h.

I expect it's written to satisfy some regulator or another. No one actually rides like that, surely?
I tried it once just to satisfy my curiosity. It gave me acceleration that would have been the envy of any heavily overloaded semi truck driver.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Check to make sure that the carrier is not rocking in the cush rubbers. My bearing was also damaged due to the spacer issue and worn out rubbers.
Good thinking, what was damaged? Yes, seemed tight. Generally the 650 cush rubbers last longer due to the lower loading vs the 1000. There have been one or two reports of 650 carrier bearing issues at 40K miles.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Good thinking, what was damaged? Yes, seemed tight. Generally the 650 cush rubbers last longer due to the lower loading vs the 1000. There have been one or two reports of 650 carrier bearing issues at 40K miles.

There was play in my bearing between the inner and outer races in a diagonal motion if that makes sense

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,161 Posts
Replaced my temporary DIY rad guard with one from Evotec. Nice piece of kit.
I kinda want one of these, but options seem limited for the older DL1000's. There seems to be one supplier, but they're UK-based and it seems it takes forever to get stuff from overseas at present.

I've read that Heed won't ship to the US at all right now. No specific annoucement on their Web page, just the US is not in the list of countries for shipping. :(

ETA: apparently that's bunk, you can absolutely enter a us shipping address.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I kinda want one of these, but options seem limited for the older DL1000's
I went the DIY cannibalized wire office paper tray route. Cut size to fit in front of radiator, added car door edge trim to perimeter (some apparently fell off-I'm not concerned), cable tied to radiator. Time-about an hour. Cost-$0.00. Favorite part is that it says "Rolodex" on it.
20200625_143812.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
I kinda want one of these, but options seem limited for the older DL1000's. There seems to be one supplier, but they're UK-based and it seems it takes forever to get stuff from overseas at present.

I've read that Heed won't ship to the US at all right now. No specific annoucement on their Web page, just the US is not in the list of countries for shipping. :(

ETA: apparently that's bunk, you can absolutely enter a us shipping address.
I got mine from Revzilla. It was out of stock initially, but they had the best price and free shipping, so just waited until it was back in stock. I looked into getting it from UK, but the cost was too high. Revzilla sells a DL1000 version, looks like for 2014 and newer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pulled front forks to inspect for a cause for slight pull to left when no hands. Installed new seals and bushings while in there. Nope. still doing the same thing. Back at it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Changed the 3 rear wheel bearings after 42k miles. The larger carrier bearing had broken bearing cage surprisingly.

Been trying to chase down a wonder to the left at all speeds no hands. Did you bike wonder left ,right ? i got a bad looking same bearing there too.. But i can't budge it. Seems tight.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Installed my T-Rex skid plate. Looks a bit like a tank but it is built like one. And that is the point, eh?
Besides, these bikes were never admired for their looks....
View attachment 274032
Think of it as a "Bullet-Proof Vest" (or maybe a bullet-proof bra)..........may not look good, but can save your hinney in a crisis.

4281 - 4300 of 4366 Posts