StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 3708 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
What maintenance/mods/farkles did you do to your Storm today?

install a Fork brace
lubricate all mobil parts
Lubricate clutch wired
change oil and filter
Instal BarkBusters

Take her for a test drive!
FORK BRACE did work , better cornering and very good with wind so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
759 Posts
I keep modifying the odometer. It is constantly changing... in a good way. :thumbup: Haven't put any new farkels on in awhile. I'd like one of those super bright brake light thingy-ma-gig but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sunday was a busy day in the garage. I :
Put on my MRA VT shield from Twisted throttle
Installed my Givi crash bars
Installed my Service stand from Murph's
Put on an Ivan's TRE
Installed a 1" lift from Enduro Guardian
Still have to install the skid plate and Highway bars from EG , but I'll get to it soon. I absolutely recommend both the TRE , and if you have the inseam for it ,the Lift. Both really sharpen up the personality of the bike. I know you can lower the front of the bike , but having the room to go up better suited the use for me , as I've already enjoyed a couple off pavement excursions.

On the want list is: Shinko 705's , Ricks fork brace , and some better springs up front.

We also regeared the front sprocket on my buds 650 , going from 15 to 14. Woke the little V up.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Reinstalled the foot rests.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
I was ragged on at the road house so I got new sprockets and chain from a local vendor and will go , soon I hope, to a friends house and swap them out.
I'm so ashamed. I was belittled into it. NOT.

Got the new sprockets and chain installed today. Boy was the front worn. upped to a 16 in front. seems more relaxed on the freeway. I'm good for a couple more years now!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I added an EAA sticker. I think my Strom will fly now.

·
Registered
817 Posts
today-gas and go.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Added the SW Motech centerstand, and SW Motech side stand foot today.

The side stand foot is well built and looks good, even for bare aluminum on black stand. It's wide. Really wide. And quite stable. Looks like it will serve its purpose on most surfaces. My son calls it Big Foot's foot. :lol:

The centerstand went on pretty well. Only dig is the left side holes on the plate did not match up exactly. It was off just enough to create a pain in my &%*, and added about 20 more minutes on the job. It took awhile to get the bolts lined-up enough to finagle them into the threads. I don't think I cross threaded them. :yikes:

I watched the youtube video demo that someone put up a couple years ago. I tried his idea with the installing the springs by utilizing a flathead screwdriver. It worked perfectly. Very easy to do. Thanks to the guy that created the lesson!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Went out to the garage and stared at the bike for a short time and then went back inside to contemplate my next upgrade. Went back to the garage and stared at the Wee at bit more, scratched where guys scratch, burped, took a few sips on a cold Abita Amber brewsky, repeat,....repeat...A good day overall considering the nasty weather.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Today I extended her garage. Well, actually I sold the other bike so the Vee has more room now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Installed a centerstand from Murph's kits. Put the bike up on then looked around until I found the the connection for the grip heaters for later use for a 12v power supply. Tried to take the bike off the centerstand. Walked it around the garage for a while trying to get it off. Finally slid the lift under and raised the bike up. Could not raise the centerstand even though it was completely off the floor. Took it off til I decide what to do with it. If Murph lived across the street, I would have walked over and threw it through his front window. Not really. But I wouldn't have asked him over for a beer and a cigar.

·
Registered
817 Posts
today i put 2 small punched out circles of soft pieces of velcro on the inside edges of the cal-sci shield so it doesn't rug on the fairing any more while riding. then i dusted her off a bit with a swiffer. i rode yesterday-tomorrow i ride again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stopped by the dealership and picked up the handguards I ordered for my 'new to me' '09 Wee. Temps in the low teens with windchill in the single digits. I think I'll wait a bit to go out to the garage and install them.

Next accessories for purchase will be a centerstand and top box.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looked at the Richland Rick fork brace I removed when taking the front end off, thinking of some possible customizing/modifications.

Waiting for UPS to deliver my center stand and Givi engine guards that I bought from LoneStrom, already have some ideas on customizing/modifying them as well.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I just need to know how long the snow will be here!!!
Which part of the country are you in? I'm in Mississauga where the roads are kept really well -- I'm happy to ride 48 hours after snowfall. Recently there has been snowfall every 48 hours (or the battery dies and I have no time to charge) so the bike has been sitting idle. :(

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The another day I prepared wires and connectors needed in order to install heated grips, air horn, LED auxiliary lights, 2 power outlets (sockets), additional LED break light (for a top case) and a fuse block for all these extras. Today it's a time to do it, since I have gas tank and fairings already off of the bike.

21 - 40 of 3708 Posts