StromTrooper banner

3781 - 3784 of 3784 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
FYI, basically all motorcycle (and car) headlights will turn off when starting. All available power is essentially "diverted" to the starter to aid with turning over the engine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
FYI, basically all motorcycle (and car) headlights will turn off when starting. All available power is essentially "diverted" to the starter to aid with turning over the engine.
Well, yes, sort of. However, in this case the 2005 and newer have a mechanical disconnect when the engine is cranking. 2002-2004 don't. My triumph has a load dump relay - so another mechanical system to serve that purpose.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
459 Posts
Spent all day yesterday working on it, and bolted up enough stuff (no windshield, plastics, crash bars, or bash plate) to do a test run this morning.

This morning: did 2 test runs!! She Lives!!!

1st test run: suspension seems a bit strange; doesn't turn like it should. Verdict: 13psi rear, 9psi front! Yeah; that would make things seem wierd. :)
2nd test run: tires aired up properly; there's the bike I remember! Strong motor, good suspension, a friend following me on his bike and not getting hit with stuff falling off my bike. 20 minutes slow, fast, mild twisties. All Good!!
Got home and parked...now have a drip from somewhere behind the sprocket cover. Most likely the clutch pushrod seal or sprocket seal.
Nuts. :-/
Time to tear back into it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Overall an incredible success. Hopefully the leak is the pushrod seal. Either flipping the pushrod around end over end to get unmolested surface for the seal OR putting heatshrink on the pushrod where it slides through the seal will hopefully sort that out.

Cheers,
Glenn

3781 - 3784 of 3784 Posts