StromTrooper banner

3741 - 3760 of 3764 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not all done today, but since Christmas:
  • Installed Super Nova led headlights, H7 & H11, (H9 replacement, fits exactly) SN will ship individual bulbs. 4000 lumens each of retina-vaporizing 6700K daylight blue-white light. Will check aim when it's nice enough to ride to my workplace, a 110'/33.5M semi trailer shop. Park against the east door, aim the top of the light 3-4 ft up the west door. Good low beam pattern and distance w/o blinding oncoming traffic (I hate that).
  • Converted front turn signals to #1157 marker/signal lights. LEDs for all others incl lic plate and city lights. New 1157-type sockets and all other bulbs from Super Bright.
  • Ordered and rec'd 3qt/l Ecstar 9000 Full Synthetic Oil, Suzuki Filter, new crush washer and cute lil' paper funnel from Edwards Motorsports & RVs (Amazon) $49.95USD for all incl free shipping. Will change when I get my KZ off my lift.
  • Bought a Pittsburgh wheel balancer at Harbor Freight, had a 20% off coupon. 32 bucks and worked well on the KZs wheels. Note: be careful to get the vertical pieces lined up exactly with the base when assembling, or the axle may not spin freely on the bearings. Lotta 1, 2-star reviews concerning this and I think that this may be the problem.
  • Farkle fund nearly replenished enough for front and rear tires

·
Registered
729 Posts
New flywheel and an oil change. And just for fun I started it up with the oil cap off and sprayed oil all over my other bike and my wifes convertible. Luckily it didn't get on the top of the car, just the side. What a fun mess that is going to be to clean up. I guess it won't rust ;)
I have done this before, luckily I was outside.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Re-re-routed my throttle cables, installed raising links, and (drum roll please)...bolted in a motor!!

Now I just have to plug in, you know, everything. :)

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
New rear brake pads. 31K on the factory set and were getting close to the indicators. Front are still at least 3/4.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,609 Posts
Madstad 20” windshield and Calsci wind deflectors on my 2014 650. Just did an 800 mile trip and they seem to work well together.
Do you suppose such deflectors would do anything useful on a first gen DL1000?

I have an XL Calsci windshield on madstad bracket and it works great. But any improvements would be welcome.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Adjusted the steering head bearings on my 650.

Easy provided you don't follow the manual and use a light touch.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Got all the motor bolts torqued last night, and got that pesky rear exhaust header pipe installed and tightened. Inch by inch, this bike is coming back to life. :)

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
The starter motor failed today at 121,000 km (2005 DL650) but with an Amazon starter motor rebuild kit on hand it was quickly put back into service. The brushes were worn out.

3741 - 3760 of 3764 Posts