StromTrooper banner

3681 - 3691 of 3691 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Did a little gunk cleaning before putting the case halves together.

Then tackled the swingarm / shock area:

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,494 Posts
A little late, but yesterday:

-completed and road-tested inline fuel filter mod

-completed and road-tested replacement of coolant union O-rings

-installed new wiring harness for Warm'n'Safe dual-channel wireless Heat-Troller, and rearranged and cleaned up accessories wired to the battery terminals.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Installed Fodsports M1S Pro bluetooth receiver on helmet for riding coms with my bro and bluetooth music / phone calls piped over from phone. $52 from Alibaba. Shipped from California, $25 cheaper than Amazon. Decent audio, good enough for my purposes-does the job.
Please post a review after using the M1S Pro for a few rides. I've been considering one of these, but I don't trust Amazon reviews. I'm not terribly picky on sound quality, I just want decent/ok sound.
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lost a givi mushroom support

Fabricated a replacement using a thicker bolt, and made it fit snugly in the slot of the box, the original have a lot of play
I will probably do the other as well

spare parts are sold in amazon , for the equivalent of $100 (one hundred) dollars , the kit includes the 2 mushroom bolts and the catch for the latching mechanism and some rubber pieces

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2014 1000 Adventure with 20K miles. Did an oil and filter change, radiator flush and fill, new air cleaner and new spark plugs. Put shorty levers on and installed my Black Widow exhaust. Hands down the best exhaust for the price. Excellent build quality and customer service. The bike now sounds like a V twin should sound, and she's 20 lbs lighter now!! This week will be all of the Adventure Tech parts (lowering links 1", Givi skid plate, light bar with LED spots, and kickstand foot. EBC brake pads front and rear to follow, along with brake fluid flush and fill. Will post some pics once complete. Love the forum guys, happy to be a part of it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Today I did a little cleaning in anticipation of putting her bodywork back on. Before that I ran a new wire from the auxiliary fusebox area to the front under the dash. This will be used to power a future pair of LED driving lights. I also lifted the tank to reattach the vent (or overflow?) hose that fell out while taking her apart. That mystery rubber block I found at the same time the hose fell off was indeed previously attached to the underside of the fuel tank where it rests on top of the frame. I cleaned the spot on the tank and the block itself, then used some double-sided body molding tape to stick it back on.

I had been researching whether or not the Back Off headlight modulator would work with LED headlight bulbs. Signal Dynamics (Back Off maker) says no. Internet says maybe, but headlights will strobe. I hung an incandescent drop light under the sensor today and took a 10 second video of mine with the new NovSight LED bulbs. Hopefully the link will work.

Rumour has it we'll have a couple of nice days tomorrow and Friday. The roads are good, but the driveway is still snow covered. Maybe I'll try out those Shinko big block knobbies.

Cheers,
Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
I had a think last night in detail about wiring future driving lights. I realize I need another wire to the front because I want to use a switch. I'll run that one today and THEN put her clothes back on. In thinking about all this I drew a wiring diagram to help me visualize it.

Cheers,
Glenn

Attachments

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,494 Posts
You got any ideas on the lights themselves?

I've thought about adding light up front. Just have not yet seen anything that I really wanted.

I'd pretty much have to mount them to the crash bars. Inside of crash bars, because if I don't I'll inevitably drop the bike and smash them.

I've avoided it because I've had so much else going on (steering bearing replacement, water pump rebuild, mysterious coolant leak, O-ring replacement, fuel filter bypass mod, etc.). Just really do not feel like running yet ANOTHER set of wires to the front. I'm starting to run out of room under the fairing, what with the 12V socket, voltage monitor, huge Stebel horn, and dashcam.

3681 - 3691 of 3691 Posts