StromTrooper banner

What maintenance/mods/farkles did you do to your Strom today?

679K views 6K replies 1K participants last post by  Fanaticalkilla 
#1 ·
- I cleaned and lubed the chain.

- Installed my new mirror extenders.

#642 ·
This guy helped me find a 650 V, its in Florida and Im going to fly there 3-10-14 to pick it up and ride it 1/2 way across this great country of ours! Thanks Jimmy!! I owe you one!!

#5 ·
None - but...

I bought the ducting and fittings to route some central heat into my garage to make it a pleasant place to work on the bike - does that count?

#7 ·
She got ridden and chain lubed.

Reactions: Branch
#21 ·
OK, but what about the bike??:mrgreen:

#10 ·
I lubed the air filter and put it back in the housing , then wire-tied my new longer brake lines and all the wires I had to loosen in order to install bar risers.
My Russell day Long Seat should go into production this week , and my new Holan panniers are waiting to be picked up in Rochester new York.
And it's freezing shitty weather out .

#6,047 ·
I lubed the air filter and put it back in the housing , then wire-tied my new longer brake lines and all the wires I had to loosen in order to install bar risers.
My Russell day Long Seat should go into production this week , and my new Holan panniers are waiting to be picked up in Rochester new York.
And it's freezing shitty weather out .
What bar risers did you buy?
Assuming you have your RDL. What did it change in your riding position, up, back, what?
Just bought a 2012 1000 and planning a change of both of these items.

#12 ·
I added a plug in port to my bike for my Gerbing electric gloves, and added a curly extension cord to my jacket so it's not trying to pull the wires out of my jacket sleeves when i move around on the bike.

This kind of plug would be ideal for the battery charger too i would think. Easy to install as you have room to get your fingers in behind the panel once you take the seat off. Two minute installation.

I also replaced my rear brake pads with some cheap Chinese knockoffs. Sintered pads, great looking. Fit perfectly. two sets of pads cost $20 with free shipping.

#13 ·
I wouldn't use those cheap chinese brake pads. Usually I wouldn't wanna tell you what stuff to buy, but a friend of mine has been in a very bad accident because of cheap chinese brake pads.
On his first ride after having them installed when he had to brake fairly hard the braking stuff (the black&yellow stuff on your picture) separated from the brake pads (the green/blueish stuff on your picture) and he slammed into a wall because he had lost all his braking power on the front wheel.

So I really would never ever use cheap brake pads.

#4,037 ·
What is a chain lubrication block? I'm always looking for a better way to lubricate the chain. Right now I just hold a rag under the chain and spray through the chain into the rag.

#17 ·
Installed a set of altrider bars & skid plate only took 4.4 hours enjoyed it after my 150 mile ride yesterday into carnige & past 1/4 mile of ice on puerto canyon road & out mines road my best adventure yet.Get on with my diy seat next, what a way to spend the winter.
Ya-ho.

#18 ·
Oil, gas, checked the tires, lubed the chain and cleaned the windsheild.

#23 ·
I keep modifying the odometer. It is constantly changing... in a good way. :thumbup: Haven't put any new farkels on in awhile. I'd like one of those super bright brake light thingy-ma-gig but haven't gotten around to it just yet.

#24 ·
Sunday was a busy day in the garage. I :
Put on my MRA VT shield from Twisted throttle
Installed my Givi crash bars
Installed my Service stand from Murph's
Put on an Ivan's TRE
Installed a 1" lift from Enduro Guardian
Still have to install the skid plate and Highway bars from EG , but I'll get to it soon. I absolutely recommend both the TRE , and if you have the inseam for it ,the Lift. Both really sharpen up the personality of the bike. I know you can lower the front of the bike , but having the room to go up better suited the use for me , as I've already enjoyed a couple off pavement excursions.

On the want list is: Shinko 705's , Ricks fork brace , and some better springs up front.

We also regeared the front sprocket on my buds 650 , going from 15 to 14. Woke the little V up.

#26 · (Edited)
I was ragged on at the road house so I got new sprockets and chain from a local vendor and will go , soon I hope, to a friends house and swap them out.
I'm so ashamed. I was belittled into it. NOT.

Got the new sprockets and chain installed today. Boy was the front worn. upped to a 16 in front. seems more relaxed on the freeway. I'm good for a couple more years now!