StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of paint do I need to use in my hard cases ?? Want to paint the black to a much lighter color so it won't be so dang dark in there. Getting tired of using a flashlite in the Bat Cave just to find ear plugs or gloves. Thanks in advance folks.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Are they plastic or aluminum?

If plastic, go with Krylon Fusion or RustOleum Paint-for-Plastic. Both come in spray cans and are chemically formulated for plastics. I've used the latter on external vinyl shutters with great results; search around and you'll find a couple of guys who've used Fusion on the outside of their cases.

If they're aluminum, you should be able to use any good quality paint, but you'd really want to put some primer on first, I'd guess.

In either event, clean thoroughly, and use some rubbing alcohol at the last cleaning step to remove any oily/gummy stuff.

For a quick & dirty fix in rectangular cases you could try some self-adhesive shelf paper...

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
To tell the truth I'm not sure how well paint is going to work on the inside of cases. It is going to get rubbed a lot by the contents and it won't take long to rub off in places. Perhaps one of the epoxy-based paints would be better.

Line 'em with aluminum foil! That should make things a little bit brighter :p

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Now I know what to look for at Wally World. Black plastic will be white soon after I get back from a trip with Lynda. Hmm, she has a black trunk to practice on. Heh heh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts