• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody requested an inseam poll in the height poll thread, so here it is.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
The bike fits me fine, especially when I turn my head and cough.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
At my age and joint stiffness and 27" inseam, I am finding a conflict between needing more knee room between seat and pegs and less between seat and ground. I manage. By the way, GW, I voted as having 30" inseam before looking up how to actually do the measurement. Sorry for screwing up your data. Initially I measured to the floor instead of to the bottom of my ankle. Gives you an idea how important shopping for clothes has been for me.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the size on well fitting pants.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the measurement should start at the very top of your inside leg and extend down to where you want the bottom of the pants to fall. I also find it helpful to wear the shoes you will be wearing with the pants so you know exactly what they will look like on you.
And then add 2" to the length to avoid ride-up over your boots. Forgot about that when I got my new pants as I had only ever used leathers which of course tuck into the boots and don't ride up.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
32" when I buy Jeans, so 32 it is. At a stop I can touch with both feet, not flat foot, and a tri-pod stop is not neccessary, I am using a stock 650 seat, spencer modified. My a$$ still hurts after 2 hours

·
Registered
23 Posts
32" when I buy Jeans, so 32 it is. At a stop I can touch with both feet, not flat foot, and a tri-pod stop is not neccessary, I am using a stock 650 seat, spencer modified. My a$$ still hurts after 2 hours
Ok I measured after I voted, and measure out at a 271/2 inseam LOL... I wear a 30 inch inseam for pants. I am tippy toeing it ... lowering links already installed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
28" I'm thinking about suing the city... for building the sidewalks to close to my ass.

My wee is lowered 3/4" so I can securely get one foot down flat and the ball of my foot on the other. I recently added Richland Ricks footpeg lowering brackets and am pleased with the increase in comfort. No peg scrapes so far...

·
Registered
109 Posts
34" inseam. I use the tall touring seat and can easily flat foot it at red lights and can touch both feet (not flat footed) on the center stand. I often use the bead seat to raise me another bit, it's easier on my replaced knees.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just found out my inseam while going through security at the Airport. TSA is very thorough:thumbup:.

I found out a couple other things as well:jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My pants say 34 x 38, (inseam x waist).
An unaltered DL1000 feels just about perfect altitude wise.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.