StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've put almost 3 miles on my first street bike, still waiting for my SW Motech crash bars and a center stand. Bought some swingarm sliders but one of them would not thread in all the way but I will just keep it on, why can't it thread in like the other side? :headbang:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The best farkles are the ones that are both practical and useful to you.
Buying farkles solely based on recommendations from others is a waste of money and effort.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Either mirror extenders or the Aprillia mirrors. If you have wide shoulders, a pillion or a heavy jacket the stock mirrors and mounting points are not wide enough

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
For me, the best farkle so far has been my Richland Rick fork brace. Knew something was going on with the bike before I put it on but thought it was wind buffeting the front of my bike. Afterwards, the bike is almost as stable as my Honda which has custom suspension under it. Money well spent.

·
Registered
831 Posts
My favorite must-have accessory?

A custom seat.

The number of companies in the motorcycle industry that specialize in replacement seats is testimony to the lack of satisfaction that many riders have with the stock seats on their bikes. I have certainly found this to be the case with every motorcycle I have ever owned. I have come to include the cost of a replacement seat as part of the price of buying a new (or new to me) motorcycle. I suspect that this would be true even if I weren't tall and in dire need of additional legroom.

Regardless of price, there is no doubt in my mind that if I were limited to only a single upgrade on a motorcycle, a custom seat would be my best choice.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Regardless of price, there is no doubt in my mind that if I were limited to only a single upgrade on a motorcycle, a custom seat would be my best choice.
Regardless of price is important. Included in the price of your dream seat might the price of all of the almost dreams seats you bought along the way.

After having added quite a few farkles, I think the most dramatic has been the Eastern Beaver headlight relays. The increased output makes hi viz clothing redundant.

·
Registered
296 Posts
ME no question about that.:biggrinjester:

Without that farkle my bike just doesn't look the same sitting there.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Favorite Must-Have item?
This is a mod, not an accessory, but I would have to say "replacing the 17/41 sprockets with 16/43".
That was truly a must-have item on the Vee.
As a local commuter (and not a world-wide explorer), I seldom see 5th or 6th. gear even WITH the lower ratio.
I was shocked at how much driveability improved with the lower ratio. :yesnod:
-Ej-

P.S. Hey Tall Man,
Tell us about that custom seat.
Pics?
a Link?
Brand name?
Maybe start a new thread?
Anything.
-Ej-

·
Registered
56 Posts
for me the best thing I have done is the foot peg lowering kit. (bad knee)
everyone is going to have a different answer. I have had mine about 10 days and here vstrom pictures by n7myr - Photobucket you can see what I have done to it so far. have been riding and having fun with it. I like it more each time I ride it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Any windshield other than stock... it was horrendous for me.. could not stand it. Tried the Givi and Madstad.. eh it was alright.. I have a 26" cee bailey now, and its awesome:thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
my best farkles

For my needs, superslab commute, my Murphs forkbrace, CeeBailey wind screen, Sargent seat are the best farkles for my Wee. Your best are the ones that make your bike trully yours!

·
Registered
944 Posts
You are going to get a lot of farkle ideas. Ride the bike a few K miles and then decide what is right for you.

FWIW, my fav farkle is a GPS.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well, I have the Russell & a rear box a Cool high end shock, emulaters, sonic springs the madstad bracket & the Givi screen.

I muts say my favorite farlke is my ram mount swivel cup holder. Coffee in the morn & cool drink access when I want it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
For me the Madstad and Givi tall windscreen transformed the bike. The stock shield is CRAP!!!:thumbdown: I can't believe Suzuki would put such a piece of crap on an otherwise great bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great, some real cool idea's. Cup holder....LOL! Actually not a bad idea, let me learn how to ride first.:mod2_scooter:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
best farkle

As said previously, get some saddle time and it will become clear what is best to make the Vstrom even better. For me, fork brace was put on even before the first ride, that and lowering links. Needed storage, and installed a Givi V46 which I LOVE, Cortec tank bag which is really convenient. Just purchased Dan Vesel highway pegs to stretch out my hips and legs on long rides. Pretty much it for me. May get a new windshield, but not convinced I am having significant buffeting issues. If you get a farkle and love it, you know you made the correct choice. In the end, the Vstrom rocks as an easy to ride, fun , get up and go bike. Good luck choosing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Funny how one person's must-have farkle is another person's don't-need-it.

My advice to you, ride the bike stock for a month or so. Most so-called must have farkles aren't really necessary.

If I had to say, my must haves:
fork brace
madstad
any seat is OK except the stock 650 seat. I changed to the stock 1000 seat.
givi tail box
center stand

the rest is fluff.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts