StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought it was an unwritten rule that you gave a wave to fellow riders. Well I guess I was wrong. It wasn't so much last year when I had the cruiser, but now that I have the Wee, they won't give me the time of day.

I thought these Harley riders with their holier than thou attitudes would have been knocked down a few pegs with their precious bikes being sold at almost every used car dealer in SW Ontario. US repos.

Oh well, when their rattle traps are broke down on the side of the road, I will give them a nice little wave as I ride on by.

Rant over. We now return to your regularly scheduled program.

·
Registered
487 Posts
noticed that too

some harleys wave and others don't , their are too cool.

·
Registered
79 Posts
at this point in my new riding career, i need both hands on the bars. i just give a nod to other bikes i meet. i give others that don't wave the benefit of the doubt that maybe they too are just learning and one handing it is not yet in their comfort zone.

·
Ex- moderator
1,131 Posts
Most Harley riders need to be told that 15 grand and 15 rides doesn't make them "bikers"....

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
be nice

We should be nice. Some Harley owners are fine folks and do know who to ride.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I really like the wave tradition but it does get tiring when there a lot of bikes on the road. Sometimes I take a break for a while.

That being said, when I'm riding and it's 30 degrees outside, I always wave.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Kill them and eat their liver with mayonnaise!

If they don't wave, kill them. They must be destroyed. This cannot be tolerated.

On the other hand, maybe they didn't see you, or are busy driving.

Maybe they're just terrified to take their hands off the bars because of the shaking.

Who knows?

I have bigger fish to fry...

Just helping out.

:hurray:

Anyone seen the bong?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If they don't wave, kill them. They must be destroyed. This cannot be tolerated.

On the other hand, maybe they didn't see you, or are busy driving.

Maybe they're just terrified to take their hands off the bars because of the shaking.

Who knows?

I have bigger fish to fry...

Just helping out.

:hurray:

Anyone seen the bong?

Killing them might be a little harsh. How about we make them ride e-bikes for a couple of weeks. :mrgreen:

Somebody please find that damn bong!

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Do the Harley Riders wear any kind of gear up North ?? Down here most don't, and most will not wave unless they are alone and no-one can see them being nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sometimes I don't feel like waving (that doesn't make me a bad person) Whether I'm riding my V-strom, HD Ultra or Ural it's all the same.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Most HD riders just wear the half helmets up here in Northern VA and then street clothes. Most wave, but at the local shop most smile but I haven't walked up and talked to them.
On the road all are nice so far except for one guy who my wife and I rode up to. He made a point to turn and look at us and then go out of the straight lane and take the turning lane. I feel him being a HD guy means nothing, an a$$0 is the same no matter what you ride. I have randomly rode with great people on BMW's, HD and sport bikes and then watched each type gun it past me and cut other motorists off giving all bikers a bad name.

·
Registered
232 Posts
People are still people no matter what they ride. Some are A holes some are nicer. I know all stromers are nicer. Tonight I met 2 HD riders in Calaboogie, had supper with them and rode back towards Ottawa with them. Nice guys and we all waved to the oncoming bikes. They were leading. I often ride with my neighbour who has a Harley and he always waves. It's not the bikes, its the riders, we just see more HDs not wave because there are a lot of them out there.
I have also seen those HD riders that don't even acknowledge they saw me - impolite is what I say and just wave anyway. Don't let them spoil the ride.
Have fun and ride safe.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I am so over waving.

I'll wave back, If I notice, but I think I'm done initiating, unless it's a V-Strom.

I don't usually take an unreturned wave as an insult, like I did back in third grade. I often find myself on some pretty technical bits of road. I know that these bits of road can be considerably more difficult on a cruiser. I'd hate to see someone wreck, especially into me, in order to execute the perfect wave.

The roads get so thick with bikes around here in the summer, it's really ridiculous to try to wave at everybody. When I ride my wife's Harley, I wave at nobody.

Makes me feel like a two percent-er.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I find there are more HD riders with 'attitude' here in Canada than in the US. That said, I really don't care if someone waves or not, sometimes I don't either. It doesn't have anything to do with what they are riding. Sometimes I just get tired of it, or busy doing something else or paying attention to the road.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
My favorite HD riders are the ones that crowd the centerline and let their left arm hang straight down. I think that may be a 2%er thing to do if your testicles haven't dropped yet.

But I agree there are some great people riding HD's as well as all makes but the lowlifes do to seem to be drawn to Harley's so they can show us all how tough they are until they go back in. Usually easy to spot and just ignore.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
My favorite HD riders are the ones that crowd the centerline and let their left arm hang straight down. I think that may be a 2%er thing to do if your testicles haven't dropped yet.
I do that on my Strom......just means I am resting the clutch hand....

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
There are three threads on HDForums asking why other riders don't wave.

66% of HD owners do not have college degrees. Over 50% finance their bike. The average age of big twin riders is probably closer to 60 than 50. So you care - why?

Rode my V-Strom to Boston Harley Davidson on Friday to pick up a luggage rack. When I parked it, a guy there who had ridden up from NY who was waiting for two friends looked at it and said "Oh, a V-Strom. That may be the most perfect motorcycle in the world."

Then took a 100 mile loop on Sunday and just as many HD riders didn't wave as anything else. And I was riding this:

·
Administrator
13,812 Posts
I always thought it was an unwritten rule that you gave a wave to fellow riders. Well I guess I was wrong. It wasn't so much last year when I had the cruiser, but now that I have the Wee, they won't give me the time of day
It must be you: I get waves from Harley's all the time. Even the odd time I pull into a Timmie's Parking lot they talk to me.

I haven't found them any different than any other riders out there.

..Tom

·
Registered
598 Posts
Who Cares?

I myself am often too focused on conditions to even notice another rider's wave. That said, I do notice a higher incidence of unmistakable wave-snubbing from HD riders. But why would I care? Chances are I am far better off than they are in every meaningful aspect of life, so they are welcome to presume in the who-cares matter of who rides a better bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts