StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What type and size tool do I need to remove the two screws on the underside of the top triple clamp that hold on the starter key assembly, and where can I pick one up? They look like torx but they also have a stem in the middle, I would assume as a theft deterrent? I need to remove in order to change out my top triple clamp, thanks!

I'm pointing at it with a screwdriver in the photo:

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
Security Torx.

I can't give the size as I no longer have a Strom to check.

You'll find a kit in Harbor Freight - that's where I got mine on a visit to the US.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
It takes a T40 Torx security bit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Also known in the trade as a tamper proof torx! Go figure... make it tamperproof and someone will sell the tool to fit it, not tamperproof anymore!!!!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
Also known in the trade as a tamper proof torx! Go figure... make it tamperproof and someone will sell the tool to fit it, not tamperproof anymore!!!!:thumbup:
My thoughts exactly. :confused:

I picked up a "Craftsman 33-Piece Screwdriver Tamper-Proof Bit Set" for about $25 a few years ago. It covers most of my tamper proof needs. :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
16,232 Posts
Torx and especially tamper torx are not a very common set to have in your toolbox, so they are more tamper resistant than most. :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The other two security Torx screws are on the TPS and STPS so make sure any set you get includes the T20 and T25.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts