StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello teammates,

I tipped my bike over in a low speed parking lot event...and it seems I picked up this part along with pieces of my front left turn signal. Event happened over a year ago and to be honest, never really thought about it much. I picked up the parts and pieces in an embarrassed hurry and put them away. Bike still ran fine as I left the scene of the crash.

Going through the bin of extra screws, bolts, etc recently and I came across the part and said, aha! Maybe this came off in the fall and its absence is what keeps my bike from staying in synch.

Just seems like I have to do TBS too often. I've got the hoses, the home-made manometer, and the hose extensions. I put the nail polish on to keep it set but it seems to keep going out. I definitely know when it's back in synch and just hate when it goes out because very rough as you all know.

Is this some part that keeps tension/pressure on the TBS adjustment screw.

As always, thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Scot

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It's from inside the turn signal housing. take a lens off and you'll see it. It has no effect on the TBS. Check for intake air leaks, especially the seating of the airbox boots on the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is the airbox...

Is there some way to "seal" them. When I last cleaned the filter last month, all looked like they were in there the right way. Do you all augment this sealing with something extra?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts