StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased bike used, and the previous owner left this clip thing on the left side of the bars near a stupid and useless 12 book plug is that nothing you own can plug into it. What would this mount have done or been for?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it, the Moto Fizz Thermoclock. Under the seat and way back under the package treaty is a plastic bag with a bunch of batteries and instructions for the missing Thermoclock.

On a bike that has a clock, that seems like a waste of $35. Anyways, back to your regular programming.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
maybe the previous owner couldn't figure out how to set the clock?

it ain't easy- you have to press both buttons with only a 0.0000000000000001 microsecond variance. Usually it takes me at least five minutes of fiddling to get it right.

But hey, you got grip heaters and those are nice to have.

and... does that compass actually work while in motion? I've yet to find one that does.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
it ain't easy- you have to press both buttons with only a 0.0000000000000001 microsecond variance. Usually it takes me at least five minutes of fiddling to get it right.
Press the left button first and the variance allowed increases greatly.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
GW, has anyone ever told you that you're like the one-man V Strom encyclopedia????
:thumbup:
I heard that a friend read on the web that GrEy Wolf is actually the Suzuki help line, staffed by a team of engineers. They just work under that alias because they're embarassed.This came out after an investigation revealed that he knew considerable information that had supposedly never been released to the public.

That or he could be from an advanced society from another galaxie that is so far ahead of our technology that the Strom is as simple as a lever or stick is to us.

Trust me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you need a compass that works while you are moving, get a GPS and it might help you get where you want to be at the same time. Works for me!

·
Registered
15,528 Posts
I'll second that thought. The old Garmin Street III has compass and voltage read outs. It also tells me when sunset will be so I'll not get caught out after dark!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had an early Casio watch with a thermosensor alarm - it was great, kept it set for 32 degrees and when it beeped I knew I was cold so I'd put a jacket on.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
I heard that a friend read on the web that GrEy Wolf is actually the Suzuki help line, staffed by a team of engineers. They just work under that alias because they're embarassed.This came out after an investigation revealed that he knew considerable information that had supposedly never been released to the public.

That or he could be from an advanced society from another galaxie that is so far ahead of our technology that the Strom is as simple as a lever or stick is to us.

Trust me.
Pooh! You make GW sound like Mork from Ork! :yikes:

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That 'useless' plug is likely a BMW type

OK, I'll give, I can't think of the other name for this type of plug, someone out there remembers
It's a Powerlet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts