StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I don’t own this bike, I’m considering buying it. Is this a crash guard for the muffler or is it some kind of pannier rack? I’ve looked all over and can’t find it anywhere.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Precision Motorcycle Racks

They are soft luggage guards. I had them on my 650 Strom.

I really like mine wished he made them for my 1000

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was going nuts trying to find them!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Thanks for the link, they make nice racks. They make one for the KLX250, I may get one (need a place to be able to strap a gas can if I ever want to do a longer off-road ride, lol).
I had them on my KLR and 650 Strom, used soft luggage on both bikes.

The racks were very durable and offered lots of tie in points!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Since these racks are no longer available, it would make a good DIY project, for anyone who is thinking of soft luggage racks. Could even have your local engineering shop duplicate them if you not into DIY. How about a pix of the left hand side?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven’t seen the bike in person, maybe today. The left side photo is super dark in the ad.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
I was thinking they look like the Shad racks I got from the for sale section. They work but make the bags wider than they could be. I just about run out of the velcro adjustment. I need to make an extension so the bag straps have more contact.

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
I have soft saddle bag guards for the 2014+ DL1000 and 2017+ DL650, but had been referring people to "the guy in California" (the site Spec linked) for earlier DL650 models. Shame he isn't making them anymore because they looked well made and well priced.

If I was going the DIY route I might go with solid rod to keep it simple. Something like the ubiquitous cruiser saddle bag guards.

Two attachment points and a some bends. Somebody should get a welder and a HF bender and go into business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts