StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my used DL650, it had been lowered quite a bit. I have since moved it back to stock. However, it sure seems to lean more that it should when on the side stand and the base does not lay flush to the ground. I was at the dealer the other day and looked at one on the showroom floor and it appeared longer and the bike leaned less. I read a lot around here where people have them cut/welded. I don't see signs of this, but am not sure.

What is the actual length of the stock side stand? If mine has been cut, is it best to just replace it with OEM or are there preferred aftermarket version? I don't have a center stand as of yet, but do intend to put one on in the next year.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
DL650 kickstand length

10" +/- from Center of (top) pivoy bolt to center of strut tube where it hits the ground

·
Registered
329 Posts
If mine has been cut, is it best to just replace it with OEM or are there preferred aftermarket version
I guess it depends on price? The original on my '05 still works fine. Not sure what benefits you would get from an after-market version? It wouldn't be hard to just cut yours and add an adjustable, or permanently welded, sleeve.
Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bolt a hockey puck to the bottom. You'll get the length back and a nice size pad.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10" +/- from Center of (top) pivoy bolt to center of strut tube where it hits the ground
Thanks. It looks like maybe 1/2 inch was taken off. I don't think I'm going to fret it. Thanks all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts