StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a lot of questions from other riders and non-riders.....A really common one I get "Is that a BMW?" WHAT???

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
"What's the square root of 3,176?":D

No seriously, a lot of people just ask "What is it?" They seem surprised when I say it's a Suzuki. I get the BMW questions a lot with the Connie. In fact, one of the guys in our Concours Owners Group makes "KMW" stickers, a parody of the BMW roundels, except with Kawasaki green in place of the blue panels, and KMW across the top. Pretty funny.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had lots of people ask if it's a BMW. Not so much as when I rode my ST1100.

"Can you do a wheelie?"

"What size is it?"

"What's that?" Pointing at my tool tube.

Jamie

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know they are thinking "UGLY" when they see my bike, they are also trying to figure out what it is. I tell them, it's not a Harley, because you know thats the first question they are going to ask, its not a cruiser, its not a sport bike, its not a Goldwing tourer, its a DS sport tourer, a bike you could ride from Alaska to South America on riding both paved and dirt roads. I may also tell them that this type bike a mainly ridden in Europe and other parts of the world, but is becomming more popular here in the US. Usually that's about it, unless they have knowledge on such bikes.

John

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I get the BMW thing every so often too.
I do get a lot of thumbs up and 'nice bike' comments and plenty of people doing double takes

·
Registered
162 Posts
I get "Are you a Christian?!" because of one bumper sticker on the back.... funny what people focus on.... it takes a while to get around to talking about the actual bike :rolleyes: Then it's "Why did you pick THAT style?"

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Top ten questions

In reverse order of frequency:

10. "Do you want fries with that?"

9. "Hey cowboy, want good time with pretty lady?"

8. "What the hell did you eat for lunch?"

7. "Have you got an ointment for that?"

6. "How'd you get that here without a trailer?"

5. "You must be freezing your ass off wthout your chaps?"

4. "Are you like famous or something?"

3. "You remind me of my grandfather, do you raise goats?"

2. "May I see your license, registration and proof of insurance?."

1. "That's no friggin' Harley, is it a BMW?"

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Whats that yellow thing", strapped to the top of one of my hard bags. I say "its a bear proof food container" they say "but were like a 1000 miles from the nearest bear." I say ya but I camped in bear country to get hear.

·
Registered
340 Posts
"Did you lose a bet?"

"Where's the chrome?"

"What's the Capital of South Dakota?"

Actually most people are kind of intimdated/impressed/awed but the height of the bike - it looks normal with me standing by it, but when they get close they realize the bike is frigging tall - with the raising links and taller windshield it's especially fomidable to an 'average' sized non-rider.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had a guy come up to me on the ferry and ask about it. He "wanted to know who would make such a thing." I laughed and said..come on, its not THAT ugly! Then we had a good chat about riding. He goes to Sturgis every other year, but he rides out there. quote: "I can't stand those pansies that trailer their bikes out there, roll it out of the trailer to park it in front of their campsite, and never ride it. It's not a damn decoration!" Then we parted ways as the ferry was landing.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I was at a gas station filling up. An old college friend was filling up on the other side, we spoke and chatted a minute, and he commented on my bike: "That motorcycle is very ... big." I have been so used to getting compliments on the Harley I used to ride, I blurted back without thinking, "Thank you."

·
Registered
654 Posts
I get the "Is that a BMW" quite often myself. Aside from that, it is usually a well - read fellow motorcyclist asking how I like the bike.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
The 'other' DLK

Actually the question I hear most is when I ride with the WeeStrom riders.

People usually ask them, "What happened to the other tailpipe?"

Then they're sorry for asking about the poor little 'amputee' bike.

Sorry about that...:rolleyes: :p :-D

Oh yeah, the question I get asked is, "Are those real?"

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
the only question I was ever asked was why the neon yellow vest?? I wear an Icon vest for safety. my answer "keeps me warm".

on the flip side: Last september ( before i owned my 650) I was with my wife on our one year anniversary in the white mountains of NH. while touring around and in between hikes and sight seeing I stopped at a few rest stops to chat with a few vstrom owners about their bikes. ofcourse I knew what to ask and not sound like an idiot. it was simple research. they were very nice and were happy to chat

1 - 20 of 123 Posts