StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I've got a new 2014 V-strom and am getting the Arrow header and I've been looking overseas at many different pipes and would like to know what kind of weight savings you'v actually had. Just looking to offset some of the added weight from skidplate, centerstand.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
So, I've got a new 2014 V-strom and am getting the Arrow header and want to know what is the lightest pipe out there? I've been looking oversaes at many different pipes and would like to know what kind of weight savings you'v actually had.

If you do a google search of all the available pipes out for the V2 and write down the weight from each vendor and compare them, you will come to your answer. I have the Arrow collector with a Yoshimura R-77. IMO they look the best. Can't tell you about sounding the best as Yoshimura is the only pipe I've ever used on all my bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any aftermarket will save a bit of weight from the stocker. As far as trying to figure out which one is absolutely the lightest, isn't that a little overkill on a Vstrom? The Vstrom is the first bike I've ever ADDED weight to. :green_lol: Let's see, let's throw on some crash bars, centerstand, skid plate, and how about some luggage?

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
How much over weight are you? A personal loss of 10-15 pounds will make the bike goes more faster and you'll feel better and save money too!
Then you can add and fill tool tubes and aux fuel cells with abandon!
There is always an alternate universe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So, I've got a new 2014 V-strom and am getting the Arrow header and I've been looking overseas at many different pipes and would like to know what kind of weight savings you'v actually had. Just looking to offset some of the added weight from skidplate, centerstand.
What pipe did you choose?

I agree wholeheartedly in reducing weight on OEM parts when adding accessories.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
A google search found this one :)

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been looking at the Ti. Serket, also seeing how to go about mounting a midlength Full Ti. Micron can.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
When you remove the OEM pipe, weigh it and compare it to the pipe you bought - then post the results.

I weighed two 650 exhausts (one with welded on headers, one without) and found:

I just went outside and took these pics so all know what models I'm talking about. The outer scale is in lbs, the inner is in kg. The scales are accurate enough (compared with airline scales when I've weighed baggage, they are spot on).

Scale readings top, 4.5kg or 10lbs; bottom, 8kg or 17.6 lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts