StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2900 miles in 3 weeks the strom has to go.

I am a disabled rider and the bags cause a lot of problems for me. My walking device is inside while I ride but I struggle with the lock sometimes and I can't get off the bike till I have it. Yesterday I dropped the keys because the lock jammed and I had to wait for someone to help. The leg position causes a lot of leg pain. I rode yesterday and was bed ridden most of the day after.:(

I do have to say though. The strom is an amazing bike. If I were not in this position I would be keeping this bike. Suzuki really hit the nail on the head with it. What is the expected resale of a 2012 ADV with 2900 miles and the suzuki 5 year warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well after 2900 miles in 3 weeks the strom has to go.

I am a disabled rider and the bags cause a lot of problems for me. My walking device is inside while I ride but I struggle with the lock sometimes and I can't get off the bike till I have it. Yesterday I dropped the keys because the lock jammed and I had to wait for someone to help. The leg position causes a lot of leg pain. I rode yesterday and was bed ridden most of the day after.:(

I do have to say though. The strom is an amazing bike. If I were not in this position I would be keeping this bike. Suzuki really hit the nail on the head with it. What is the expected resale of a 2012 ADV with 2900 miles and the suzuki 5 year warranty?

Thanks
Its too bad the ergonomics of the bike & bags aren't working for you but there are some other options if you would like to keep riding the bike:1. you could look into is putting a sidecar on the bike there are outfits that due a sidecar conversion for the 650;2. or you could look at seeing if you can reverse the saddlebag mounts/change the locks or possibly add something like a scabbard mount on the front/ of the bike for your walking aide ( I'm not sure what you are using ).

As to selling price there's retail & book value and you'll probably get somewhere between the two. This time of year is not the best for selling a motorcycle, spring is better.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
If you're having trouble with two wheels, you might want to check out the Can-AM Spyder?

Can-Am Spyder Roadsters by BRP | BRP Canada

They're pretty neat. Not two wheels, but at least you're riding out in the wind and sun. They have a lot of really cool technology to make them oodles of fun.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 2012 super tenere as well and that bike works better. The cockpit is bigger and my holan panniers work better. I will look into peg adjustments and so on before I do anything . I am thinking of trading it on a wr250r but I am not sure.

Thank you for the ideas everyone.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I have a 2012 super tenere as well and that bike works better. The cockpit is bigger and my holan panniers work better. I will look into peg adjustments and so on before I do anything . I am thinking of trading it on a wr250r but I am not sure.

Thank you for the ideas everyone.
I assume that Richland Rick makes his peg lowering kit for the 2012, it does drop the pegs a significant amount and is an inexpensive way to test out a peg adjustment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I purchased the exact same bike, DL650 ADV 2012 with 2300 miles in Alabama from the dealer for $6800 minus the panniers. With the side bags would have cost $7600.

This was in late August this year. FWIW.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts