StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger pushes the passenger footpeg rubbers off their normal resting places. Today both were upside down at the end of a ride. We're going to lose one unless I secure them.

Tie wraps? Will those keep the rubber parts in place? Anyone done this? How did it work. I don't want the tie wraps damaging the rubber footrests.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Mine did the same thing originally. Put them back in the right position a couple times and they stayed put. No rhyme nor reason. Might be a good idea to fasten them down somehow................Ah here's a thought. Maybe the rubber is coated like a new tire and time will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
If you can get them off something like weatherstripping adhesive for cars should work fine.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I got this solution from another Stromtrooper awhile ago: run zipties through the little holes underneath the pad, and really cinch 'em down. Works great, no more passenger peg problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The best way to fix footpeg issues is to replace both front and back with Pivot Pegz. I was fed up with feet slipping of stadard pegs. They are available and fantastic to ride with plus no passenger complaints on the rough stuff.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Mine did the same thing originally. Put them back in the right position a couple times and they stayed put.
Same here. I can only assume that there is some sort of in built delayed foot peg rubber location mechanism. Very clever people those Japanese. :)

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
You poor guys and these damn Wees. Always having to tweak them to get them to work properly.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
You poor guys and these damn Wees. Always having to tweak them to get them to work properly.
Hmmm. I seem to remember something about some one fine tuning your bike for you recently. lol.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'd suggest that if you can, remove them, then apply some hand grip adhesive... The stuff that looks like black rubber cement that you use under the hand grips when installing them on the bars.

Pretty much anything will work... I've seen people use spray paint or hair spray. Both surfaces need to be clean, and whatever you use needs to start fluid (or nearly so) and dry tacky. Heck, I suspect grape jelly would work, but the bees around here love it, so I don't suggest using it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts