StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to ship a tire to a member here. Do I need to box the tire? Any recommended shipper.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
A cardboard circle on each side will do the trick. Use cord in an X pattern as well as tape so the tire can be lifted and held by the cord. I used FedEx ground the last time but just because I go past one on the way to local lunch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I need to ship a tire to a member here. Do I need to box the tire? Any recommended shipper.
When I have had tires delivered to me by online retailers they are just wrapped in shrinkwrap with a label slapped on. If you buy two tires they shrink wrap them together. Leaving the hole in the middle makes a great handle...

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
:thumbup: Hi, All you really need to do for Fed Ex or UPS is to wrap your tire around side walls and tread so the rubber is covered, I use Resinite kitchen Wrap, from Costco that comes in clear rolls as it is strong and easy and fast to wrap,

Leave the center open, put your label at tread and you are done. The tire is easy to keep clean and easy for them to carry and transport.

The wrapping is easy to remove at the receiving end, and weighs nothing to help keep the shipping weight cost down

It is also superb for wrapping and storing parts you are putting away for a while and want to keep safe from scratches and marks over time,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
33 Posts
Shipping to a commercial address is less expensive then to a residential address.

UPS and FEDEX automatically insure a shipment for a value of $100.00. If the shipper wishes to insure for $101.00 or more there is an additional charge.

You should be able to qet an online quote of the shipping charges on the UPS and FEDEX web sites.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not shipping to a commercial address, but I will take advantage of that in the future when I'm receiving items. Good info!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts