StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the demo day at Brampton Powersports and had talks with the salesman both at Brampton Powersports and Ready Suzuki.

So far, without a firm commitment to buy, I have been able to negotiate MSRP ($9099) minus $300 and the PDI, freight, admin costs have all been waived... so $8800 + HST.

I expect that if I go in there with a firm commitment to buy/cash in hand that I might be able to get another few hundred down, maybe to $8500.

From your past experiences, how much lower can I reasonably hope to get? Does $8500 to $8800 seem like the best I can hope for? I am not the best at haggling, but I will try my best!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I say let the sales guy make a few bucks. You won't even notice the few $100 extra you could save when you are riding your new motorcycle.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That looks pretty good, I got a little over 1000. Discount on a 2012exp a year back and also a percentage discount on add ons...added center stand and 12 v outlet. Try Mike at Brampton Powersports, mention Ken who purchased the first 2012 exp a year ago and see what he can do if you are really serious. Mike has sold a few Stroms to those on this forum... I would expect around 700 to 800 discount on a base model would be fine....just get the bike and enjoy...let me know what you end up with, a nice Strom community in the Brampton area.

Ken

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Got mine last December (white 2012) brand new for 7850 + 250 PDI + HST... I think you are paying too much... By the way, bought it from Brampton Powersports too...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Picked up a new DL650 Expedition for 9,900 (included freight / pdi / admin / etc.) + HST + Licence ($69) in GTA yesterday.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought mine in July from a California dealer, $8500 US out the door, without DMV. Another $150 for Nevada DMV and I was on the road.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
Which Dealer? I am looking to pickup one shortly (probably next week as I took the week off :D )
Got mine at Suzuki 407 & Yonge in T.O. Had the typical long "negotiation" with the sales person who kept going back and forth with the manager.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a 2012 650SE with bags(old new stock) for $8200 plus HST a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's strange that your user name so closely resembles the one in the topic of this thread http://www.stromtrooper.com/off-topic-member-therapy/71576-burned-chuck_u_farley.html
It's just a coincidence I hope. That "Chuck You" has not been heard from again since.
Nope, definitely not me. I just bought a Vstrom in June (got a 2013 for $8495 plus HST -- freight, pdi, all included). I have not been to this site before then. I use this name on other forums though... I first heard the name from my brothers, who I think were referring to a Cheech and Chong reference. Later my parents adopted a dog named Charles, and thinking that wasn't cool my brothers renamed him Chuck... and often called him Chuck U. Farlie.... so I reused that name on forums.

Anyway, to update the thread, I ended up getting the best price back in June from Suzuki of Newmarket, but I took that price to Ready Suzuki in Mississauga and they price matched.

I could have gotten a better price if I got a 2012 model or if I waited until Sept. for a current year model, but I wanted to get a 2013 for this season.

Here we are, two months later and I just rolled over 10000km. Did a run to James Bay and just came back from Mount Washington.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check out cycletrader.com and do some comparative shopping. I got a GREAT deal on a 2012 650 Adventure and the 0% from Suzuki because I shopped around. There are great deals to be had if your willing to look for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price on New 650

I just bought a 2013 dl650 from GW Cycle World in Calgary. $8399 + GST. I'm excited, picking it up Tuesday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts