StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best wire to hook up to for my GPS? Light wire? Horn?
Ignition wire?

Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
On all the time or ignition on/off? The battery is best for the former. For the latter, the OEM heated grip connector or the Orange/Green wire feeding the rear brake light switch would be my choice. I'd rather use those for a relay trigger wire to feed a fuse block because I can't imagine having only one electrical add on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wired-up a spare SAE connector I bought at AutoZone to the GPS cable so I can just plug it into my battery charger's lead while it's on the bike. That way it's fused (inline with the charger lead) and when I need to charge the battery, I just unplug the GPS and plug in the charger. Fewer wires to mess around with and the only wiring I had to "modify" was the wiring on the SAE connector, not the wiring on my bike.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wired-up a spare SAE connector I bought at AutoZone to the GPS cable so I can just plug it into my battery charger's lead while it's on the bike. That way it's fused (inline with the charger lead) and when I need to charge the battery, I just unplug the GPS and plug in the charger. Fewer wires to mess around with and the only wiring I had to "modify" was the wiring on the SAE connector, not the wiring on my bike.
Good idea. I may do that, for now I just hooked it up to the battery and made a home made mount for it with $10.00 worth of parts from Lowes. It works great, just not adjustable but I can see it fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts