StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Spring is FINALLY upon us. And I have some big plans. I am prepping by mowing the lawn every day!!! I figure if I mow it more now, it will need it less when full-blown riding season is here (you can't hide genius). I had a good riding year last year. Several 600+ mile days, several 1000+ mile weekends, and I completed my 1st Saddle Sore 1000 Iron Butt ride.
Needless to say, I have some big plans for this coming-up season. I do run a business, so my time off is very little, mostly just on the weekends. But, I like to pack a lot into the little time that I do have.
All of my rides begin and end in Northeast Tennessee. I plan to ride to Charlottesville, VA to see where the guy who wrote the "Walton's" lived.
To "South of the Border" on the NC/SC state line. Looks like a cool place to visit.
To Centralia, PA. I hear that place is really "On Fire" (look it up).
To Detroit. Yeah, that's right, Detroit. I want to see what a city looks like when it was built for 2.5 million people but only 750.000 remain. Also to go to the famous pawn shop on TV (Hardcore Pawn). Looks like I'll have to do this one solo, none of my friends want to go...I guess they're skeeered :yikes:
So, What do you have planned for this up-coming summer?

BTW, Anyone want to ride to Detroit?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, Spring is FINALLY upon us. And I have some big plans. I am prepping by mowing the lawn every day!!! I figure if I mow it more now, it will need it less when full-blown riding season is here (you can't hide genius). I had a good riding year last year. Several 600+ mile days, several 1000+ mile weekends, and I completed my 1st Saddle Sore 1000 Iron Butt ride.
Needless to say, I have some big plans for this coming-up season. I do run a business, so my time off is very little, mostly just on the weekends. But, I like to pack a lot into the little time that I do have.
All of my rides begin and end in Northeast Tennessee. I plan to ride to Charlottesville, VA to see where the guy who wrote the "Walton's" lived.
To "South of the Border" on the NC/SC state line. Looks like a cool place to visit.
To Centralia, PA. I hear that place is really "On Fire" (look it up).
To Detroit. Yeah, that's right, Detroit. I want to see what a city looks like when it was built for 2.5 million people but only 750.000 remain. Also to go to the famous pawn shop on TV (Hardcore Pawn). Looks like I'll have to do this one solo, none of my friends want to go...I guess they're skeeered :yikes:
So, What do you have planned for this up-coming summer?

BTW, Anyone want to ride to Detroit?
From the title, I thought maybe you referring to the unmistakable smell of someone getting stoned, which is what I smelled at 8am on my commute from a car in front of me on the highway today (on my Wee, of course ).

Greetings from California ;)
>>Brendan

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yep. That 'smell' had me popping my first allergy med of the season today.

Good with the bad, eh?!

·
Registered
242 Posts
for god's sake, whatever you do, don't mow the lawn when you could be riding. you have to have priorities. I let mine grow until June.....

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
It is so cold, wet, and windy here that other parts of Washington are advertizing that THEY have spring! I skied yesterday, and it snowed heavy with strong winds all day...great skiing until I skied off an unseen drop and fell into a white abyss. (I was on brand new Head Icon TT800 skis that I just bought on German eBay, 'cuz Head didn't market then in the U.S., and they were fun!)

·
Super Moderator
4,603 Posts
Ahh, autumn coming along so it will soon be cool enough to ride. :yesnod:

·
Registered
707 Posts
I thought the smell of Spring may have been the dog poop that had been frozen all winter.:yikes:
Ah, yes, pollen and manure. Tis the summer scents from the farm. Can't wait for the sweet aroma of ragweed...ya' gotta love it.:green_lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts