StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my new 2011 DL650A on Feb 4, 2012. At the time of the purchase, I also paid for the Suzuki saddlebags and mounts. Just over 5 months later, I received a call from the dealer that they were in. In my excitement, I didn't ask if he had checked the contents.

Lo and behold upon my arrival and inspection, the top mount bracket is missing (the side mounts do not attach to the existing top mount). For those of you that made this purchase, please confirm that the top mount (not top box) is indeed included. The dealer mentioned something about ordering it for me = me paying. I'm up to my ears with this dealership and want very little to do with them.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I don't know about official Mine came with the top box bracket/luggage rack. I'd call Suzuki customer service for the definitive word. Since you couldn't possibly use them without that bracket it wouldn't be much of an offer if its not included.

·
Registered
899 Posts
While you are at it, check to make sure that you have a left and right bag (rather than two for one side). Others have reported receiving two for the same side. Note that one is approx. 1 inch deeper than the other.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased my new 2011 DL650A on Feb 4, 2012. At the time of the purchase, I also paid for the Suzuki saddlebags and mounts. Just over 5 months later, I received a call from the dealer that they were in. In my excitement, I didn't ask if he had checked the contents.

Lo and behold upon my arrival and inspection, the top mount bracket is missing (the side mounts do not attach to the existing top mount). For those of you that made this purchase, please confirm that the top mount (not top box) is indeed included. The dealer mentioned something about ordering it for me = me paying. I'm up to my ears with this dealership and want very little to do with them.
Yes, the top rack is included. At least it was with mine. You must have the top rack to attach the side mounts. As you've found they don't fit without it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
American Suzuki got the top mount ordered for me. Apparently, the dealer didn't request that part with the order. It was to be shipped Friday to the dealer. Hope to get a call today.

I did check to make sure the keys worked in the locks and that there was a right and left saddlebag.

What an ordeal! Looking forward to it being behind me. And, the sad part is that I doubt I'll even use them as I have soft bags I plan to use whenever (if ever) I go on a long trip.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Well, I recently saw an ad on Craig's list for the full set and racks (including top case) and the asking price was $750, so you can probably make a few bucks on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
American Suzuki got the top mount ordered for me. Apparently, the dealer didn't request that part with the order. It was to be shipped Friday to the dealer. Hope to get a call today.

I did check to make sure the keys worked in the locks and that there was a right and left saddlebag.

What an ordeal! Looking forward to it being behind me. And, the sad part is that I doubt I'll even use them as I have soft bags I plan to use whenever (if ever) I go on a long trip.
I did get a call from the dealer that the top mount had arrived. Picked it up and checked to make sure the mounting hardware was inside. =) And it took only a mere 5 1/2 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts